• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

This is another reason to like Pat Kelsey.

In December 2012, after a game against Ohio State, Kelsey gave an impassioned speech about the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting that had occurred just days prior. During the game's press conference, Kelsey spoke out about the tragedy and said "Parents, teachers, rabbis, priests, coaches, everybody needs to step up. This has to be a time for change.”

After a clip of the conference aired on ESPN, parents of a victim of the shooting reached out to Kelsey. He later participated in an event (Race4Chase triathlon) put on by the CMAK Sandy Hook Memorial Foundation. The family was honored at an Eagles basketball game on March 1, 2014. At the game, each Winthrop player wore the name of a child killed at Sandy Hook on the back of their jersey.

Feel like we would get back to the Prosser days in the Joel. Tie Dyes return. Some enthusiasm about basketball.

Is a desire to bring back tie dyes a popular opinion?

This makes me wonder why people on these search committes, ADs especially, don't just take a limo if the destination is only a few hours away. You can work in the back seat of the car. Or if it's a long way away and you need to fly to see somebody and its a big secret, take a two-hour car ride to some small airport, breeze straight through to the plane in 45 seconds, and depart to the clandestine destination.

If we end up with Tommy fucking Amaker then our great position is for shit.

All non-wake fans I have talked to think that Amaker would be a good get.

I admit that with names like Matta, Beilein, and even Forbes in the picture, Amaker seems like a bad hire.

Amaker would be a better hire than Kelsey/Miller/Odom.

Didn't Donaldross say that Miller was out yesterday morning but according to many sources Miller is still in consideration?

Read my post. It was true. Hope it’s not anymore. We should be begging Miller. I have no contradictory info about Miller.

Many of you all are classic 2020 readers. Read one headline and 3 folks later it’s contorted all to hell. Fake news folks. Bernie voters.

Is a desire to bring back tie dyes a popular opinion?

Oh Christ no. Let those tie dyes be dead and buried where they belong. Wake fans and students looked like such tools on TV in those damned things.

I have zero belief that Hatch inserts himself in the process where people are still interviewing. Maybe he has final ultimate say (maybe not) but people talking about Hatch vetoing hypothetical candidates or putting his thumb on the scale while the process is ongoing seems absurd.

I've heard it direct from someone who gives enough to sit in Hatch's box on occasion. And I've heard it 2nd degree from someone who worked in Wellman's AD. Take that for what it's worth, but it explains a LOT of what went on the last 11 years rather than it being a Wellman only decision to tank the program.

I have zero belief that Hatch inserts himself in the process where people are still interviewing. Maybe he has final ultimate say (maybe not) but people talking about Hatch vetoing hypothetical candidates or putting his thumb on the scale while the process is ongoing seems absurd.

I don't see how a University President wouldn't be involved in such a high profile position - much to Hatch's dismay, this is way more public facing (and lucrative) than the chair of the Sociology department

Back