• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

Think K-Vegas was just as sure a kid from High Point was coming to Wake not Duke

A Bombardier Challenger 300 just took off from KINT. It's heading to the northwest. No info on Flightaware, but flightradar24 has it flying that way. Just passed Cana, VA.

https://www.flightradar24.com/CL30/246cae36

For anyone interested in tracking this one off of flightradar24. No information on it, other than it took off from Smith Reynolds and is now further NW, over Kentucky.

That tweet from Anthony Bilas scares me.

Jay Bilas and Tommy Amaker are very, very close.

I hope the kid didn’t tweet that because he’s worried mean Wake fans will be rude to uncle Tommy.
I had this thought as well. It read like a preemptive strike against what he knows would happen.. The fan base shitting on Amaker.

Yes, he was.

I don’t care what Evan Daniels says.

i just threw that out based on daniels.

i clearly know nothing about any of this. it's more of entertainment right now considering what's going on in the world.

Bilas tweet does scare me too. Although, he DM'd me on Twitter saying basically the same stuff a month ago when I tweeted something negative about Danny. I respect his loyalty, but fans aren't going to support a coach after 6 seasons of largely terrible basketball. No fan base anywhere puts up with that crap.

I'm not really going to shit on hAmaker. Probably not. But I'll watch as many games next year as I did this year.

Who would you trust, a Prosser protégé or an Ole Roy protégé?

Skip Prosser was a GREAT person. Just the best.

But in reality he was just an above average basketball coach. Let’s not pretend Kelsey has some sort of pedigree he does not simply because we like his enthusiasm.

I almost responded to Bilas on Twitter, but I think his post is pretty benign (and I use my real name on Twitter and therefore try not to look like an asshole).

It reads a little haughty, but I get it... Of course you want your fanbase to support you. Now that we've been freed of Manning, I can admit that he's likely not a bad guy... Just a terrible coach.

Agree w/ Ph that he probably contributed to the Us vs Them mentality, but losing sucks... Whatever you can do to motivate your team, I guess.

Back