• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

Ty Brewer & Jalen Johnson recently announced they were transferring to ETSU... Wonder if they are in play for Wake?

Yeah, that's another big source of consternation on the ETSU blog. They're worried Forbes will take players with him.

Folks speculating that Forbes' success is attributable to JUCOs are fucking ignorant and lazy. Look at his goddamn resume. Dude can recruit, and recruit at a very high level, regardless of our admissions policy (which, yeah, I agree should be more accepting of JUCOs)

This is a slam dunk hire.

You recruit the best way for where you are. Too much is made over JUCOs. That's how you recruit at VCU or ETSU, but this is the ACC.

Don’t wanna bring back up any RJ dispute but Goodman saying this morning the Manning buyout is in fact 15 million and Wake is trying not to pay. Perhaps Goodman is slightly behind on a finalized settlement for buyout but seems pretty straightforward at this point that Wake does owe 8 figures to Danny per the contract (whether or not that amount gets paid remains to be seen).

This is rich coming from a mod on a 'free' message board which pushed:

- The Tommy Amaker narrative
- Reported Forbes was out
- Reported Miller elected not to be a part of the process
- Matta was the pick

Les stuck to his guns on the 2 favorites before Roger Murdock staked out the Smith Reynolds airport.

How's senorita sombrero doing creeper?

Yeah, I clarified this in a later post, but I think that's bad policy for Wake admissions. Not just Athletics. Bad, backwards, and outdated across the whole university.

agreed

and it's not unchangeable -- pretty sad if basketball is the impetus for change, but a good outcome nonetheless

That Ty Brewer fella looks like a BALLER.

As has been said, Wellman would have never hired this guy which is a win off the bat. Wellman hated hiring anyone who might stand up to him and wouldn't be a gentleman Jim on the sidelines

Don’t wanna bring back up any RJ dispute but Goodman saying this morning the Manning buyout is in fact 15 million and Wake is trying not to pay. Perhaps Goodman is slightly behind on a finalized settlement for buyout but seems pretty straightforward at this point that Wake does owe 8 figures to Danny per the contract (whether or not that amount gets paid remains to be seen).

If Currie realized he could push off the 15 million, hire when no one else is hiring and snagged Forbes- WOW. I love it. And I rejoined the Deacon club today.

any reason to think Forbes won't bring all three assistants?

would one be in line for the HC job at ETSU?

Its seems silly that wake is so anti JUCO but will gladly take "grad transfers". Clearly grad transfers are there for one reason, and one reason alone. We just feel better that its under an illusion its for an advanced post graduate degree.

Feel free, but you should be thanking me for highlighting fan displeasure, getting Manning fired, and bringing in a non-WFU guy who will push the envelope. Without me you'd have a year or two more of Manning followed by a decade of Tommy Amaker. You're welcome.

You didn't do shit.

STFU, 2&2!

Oops!

Oh my god just stop. Forbes is a proven recruiter if HS players. Sorry you lost the culture war.

I just posted a list of his past recruits on the recruiting thread and anybody who has paid attention to professional and college basketball over the last 20 years should be really excited about that list.

Back