• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

It has been so refreshing to be excited about Wake hoops again for the past few days. I hope all that excitement and enthusiasm isn't crushed by hiring someone like Amaker or Kelsey. Unfortunately, the last 10 years have conditioned me to expect the worst. It's great that Kelsey is all over social media and generates enthusiasm, but that doesn't qualify you to be a head coach in the ACC.

If we are hell bent on plucking from the Krat tree then why not give Mike Brey a call. He could use a change of scenery.

I'd rather give Wes a shot then Amaker. Come on now. Jeez.

If Wake hires Amaker after what's happened with WF B-ball the last ten years and after just canning DM...that would be incredibly disappointing. If he wants to join Matta's staff and Matta is on campus interviewing for assistant HC positions, I'd be ok with that.

Last edited:
Hire a fucking proven winner. Uninspired hires like Amaker are why Wake Forest sucks now.

This times a billion. If Amaker is hired it shows that the ultimate goal for Wake basketball is solid mediocrity. Shooting for consistent finishes of 7-10 in the ACC with a few highlight years where we jump all the way up to 5th!!!!

Last edited:
Amaker is as dull as Manning, dude couldn’t win at Michigan, wtf makes Currie think he can win at Wake??

We need someone with energy, passion, charisma and that will want to fight the K's, Williams' etc in this conference. Amaker does not fill the bill for me on any of those

If K died tomorrow and Duke had to fill an opening, I highly doubt Amaker would get the job right now. So what the fuck are we wasting time for?

I’ll take Amaker over Wes and Kelsey, but don’t know how Currie missed on Matta and Forbes. There’s no way Currie went from 6 names to 1 overnight. I wouldn’t lose faith yet.

One narrative says Wellman offered Amaker the job back in 2014 without even interviewing him and that he rejected Wake's offer.

I heard the same. Amaker has recruited on a very high level for Havard recently, but he never gets the max out of his teams.

I would give him a chance, but would be disappointed.

Back