• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

I think Amaker is less bad that it might seem but a terribly uninspiring hire nontheless. Fine with him over Kelsey or Odom, but even if we got rejected by Beilein, Matta, Forbes and even Miller, no excuse to not try and be patient and kick the tires on other options.

Last edited:
Sounds like we need to get some drones in the air on The Quad and on Wellman Way.

You need an immediate waiver to fly over the campus. The campus is restriced airsplace due to the proximity of Smith Reyolds Airport (KINT)

We've thought this all out.

PJ Carlisemo and Kevin Willard win big at Seton Hall. Amaker was just shitty.

he took them to 4 postseasons, including a sweet sixteen

it's okay to think Amaker would be a poor hire (which I do!) while acknowledging that he's had some past success

You need an immediate waiver to fly over the campus. The campus is restriced airsplace due to the proximity of Smith Reyolds Airport (KINT)

We've thought this all out.

Just take the walking trail from Reynolda Village to get onto campus.

6MI-6t314Yd9na8CiQsSSw_r.jpg

I think Amaker is less bad that it might seem but a terribly uninspiring hire. Fine with him over Kelsey or Odom, but even if we got rejected by Beilein, Matta, Forbes and even Miller, no excuse to not try and be patient and kick the tires on other options.

Yeah this is where I stand

I think Amaker is less bad that it might seem but a terribly uninspiring hire. Fine with him over Kelsey or Odom, but even if we got rejected by Beilein, Matta, Forbes and even Miller, no excuse to not try and be patient and kick the tires on other options.

This.

This would be a LOWF hire. And because we’re all now in a state of denial, I’m sure by the end of the day, we’ll be hearing it’s Amaker.

he took them to 4 postseasons, including a sweet sixteen

it's okay to think Amaker would be a poor hire (which I do!) while acknowledging that he's had some past success

1 tournament appearance and below .500 conference record at Seton Hall. 0 tournament appearances at Michigan and below .500 conference record. Some baseball players are great at AAA but can never hit in the big leagues. That’s Amaker.

I know Michigan was coming off their Scandal and was on probation for a good portion of Amaker's tenure there.

As others have mentioned, I have to hold out hope that Currie just wants to meet his top 2/3/4 candidates in person before making such an important hire. I know I would. Why not look them in the eye and meet them in person before making a huge decision...

I know Michigan was coming off their Scandal and was on probation for a good portion of Amaker's tenure there.

Well atleast he has experience with working through post-probation since we've been on a self-imposed probation for a decade.

Oh for fuck’s sake. Why do we always end up with unlikeable dudes on nobody’s radar? If we settle for a duke ghoul, then what’s the point of sports?

I'm with the majority on Amaker. Would rather have Turner or Forbes. Amaker has had a pretty good history of getting his high major teams to the NIT. I guess that's what passes for historical competitiveness these days. He's done better at Harvard, but that's the little leagues. One of my favorite games here at UVA was several years ago where UVA was up on 1 of his better Harvard teams something like 44-8 at half. Add to that he's a Dukie. The only K proteges worth anything have been Dawkins and Brey, and any luster Brey once had has been wearing off in recent years.

That said, thanks for the info KVegas. Please keep the inside info coming. Even when it's depressing.

Back