• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

Has anyone talked about how Miller is a win/win for the board. Intense guy, good coach. If he’s successful, we have him for a long time and get to enjoy winning again. If not, we collectively shit on DR in perpetuity. With my apathy towards the program right now, I’m ok with either outcome.

Yup. And RJ hates the Miller option... Which means he’ll probably be a phenomenal coach.

It’s a win-win.

We’ve been discussing candidates for 2+ years now.

Supposedly there are 6 names being considered and we have discussed 5 of them ad nauseam.

Yet somehow we’ll hire Amaker (out of nowhere) and he’ll suck.

Had his name come up at all in the last 2-3 years?

I'd forgotten about him. Looks like Ben is doing a solid job down in Mississippi.

under .500 in conference after five years with a highest finish of T-4th is a very, very low bar for doing a "solid job" at a school with no real rules.

Not really but his name was prevalent and rumored he shot Wellman down prior to Manning hire. He said hell no in 2014 for us to come running back to him. Super weak on Wake’s part.

We’ve been discussing candidates for 2+ years now.

Supposedly there are 6 names being considered and we have discussed 5 of them ad nauseam.

Yet somehow we’ll hire Amaker (out of nowhere) and he’ll suck.

Had his name come up at all in the last 2-3 years?

That’s what I’m afraid of. When I saw him on the list I said oh fuck

Has anyone talked about how Miller is a win/win for the board. Intense guy, good coach. If he’s successful, we have him for a long time and get to enjoy winning again. If not, we collectively shit on DR in perpetuity. With my apathy towards the program right now, I’m ok with either outcome.

This is a really good perspective.

The only downside is that DR will move the goalposts and claim Miller was handicapped by Wake’s refusal to build him a 7k seat on campus arena. Then he keeps telling everyone to hide their keys.

under .500 in conference after five years with a highest finish of T-4th is a very, very low bar for doing a "solid job" at a school with no real rules.

What is it you say about context?

His last two years were 20+ wins, above .500 in the SEC, (probable) NCAA bids, along w/ Top 50 KP.

He’s definitely not killing it, but he’s done pretty well after the first two seasons.

This is a good list

What the hell do people have against Odom? Spent 5-6 years as an assistant at an ACC program and has done well at UMBC winning a game handily that has never been won before. He graduated from Reynolds high school, knows the area well and knows all lot of people here. I am not saying he should be our 1st choice at all but I really see no reason why Miller and Kelsey are somehow considered such better options.

Last edited:
What is it you say about context?

His last two years were 20+ wins, above .500 in the SEC, (probable) NCAA bids, along w/ Top 50 KP.

He’s definitely not killing it, but he’s done pretty well after the first two seasons.

First three seasons sucked...And the SEC is either the worst or next to worst P6 conference.

What the hell do people have against Odom? Spent 5-6 years as an assistant at an ACC progrmam and has done well at UMBC winning a game handily that has never been won.

59ae6f2518d1fb7bf8f4aa687389e973.jpg

First three seasons sucked...And the SEC is either the worst or next to worst P6 conference.

Just stop. Howland is vastly more successful than the coach you preferred over him that we just fired.

That's not what the "freely" means. It had everything to do with the AD controlling the flow of info and the moderation of the forums.

vs. freely stealing content that’s remarkably affordable right now from a guy putting in work covering our team

Back