• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

I don’t know KVegasDeac at all, but I heard from another VERY reliable source that Tommy was indeed at Wake yesterday. What I wasn’t told was that he was there specifically to talk to Currie. Take that for what it is worth.

What if we hired Greg Anthony and got him to bring his son over on a one-time no-sit transfer ?

To tie several themes together here - I once saw Huggins in the Ft Lauderdale airport, and he had on the full warm-up suit. Not to be confused with the time I saw Al Davis at LAX with a full shiny/silky warm-up suit with "Team of the Decade" on it. This was 15 years ago or so, so I wanted to ask him what decade he was referring to, but he had a couple of mafia hitman looking dudes around him, so I passed.
With Al Davis, they might not have simply *looked* like mafia dudes.

566f0c548207ff53417702ba66bed4ad.jpg

He looked like this but he was wearing a golf shirt.

I know my evil dookies.

4fad386beab8eac843000000

Ames and Steve Prohm too.

Also Peoria and Brian Wardle (Bradley).

Missoula and Travis DeCuire - who would actually be pretty intriguing. He was an assistant at Old Dominion (so regional experience), an assistant at Cal (so high academic experience), and has 4 of 6 20+ win seasons at Montana (peaking at #72 in KP).

Missoula and Travis DeCuire - who would actually be pretty intriguing. He was an assistant at Old Dominion (so regional experience), an assistant at Cal (so high academic experience), and has 4 of 6 20+ win seasons at Montana (peaking at #72 in KP).

damn it I was about to say Missoula but had to look up the coach's name.

My "tier 2" source texted me back and says "maybe there is hope for Wes now."

I don’t know KVegasDeac at all, but I heard from another VERY reliable source that Tommy was indeed at Wake yesterday. What I wasn’t told was that he was there specifically to talk to Currie. Take that for what it is worth.

Correct.

He was 100% at Wake Forest yesterday. I never said he was there to interview.

LOWF alive and well. Who is he referring to when he says "fans?" The tens of Wake fans at the Joel were being meanies towards Manning? :rolleyes:

I like how he says "... but fans were against". NO, genius, I for one realized by about the 2nd year that your beloved coach couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag. Not sure why he took it so personally. Guess he has lots of growing up to do or he's going to live his life very heartbroken.

Still a chance for Greg McDermott at Creighton if we get a slight change in path.

I don't think the initial list is going to be expanded. Search firms aren't worth shit. I could've given Wake Forest those 6 names for free, they were so damn obvious. Gregg McDermott, Kevin Willard, Anthony Grant, Mike Rhoades, Brian Dutcher, these are guys outside of the network that you pay to get research on and interview.

Back