• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

Beilein would take the Wake job, but certain stipulations will keep this from happening. I don’t need green letters or any internet points. Just passing along information as I receive it, much like everyone else.

gotta be something about his son being coach in waiting, right?

Just hiring his son as staff wouldn't be an issue based on Danny and Evan Manning

Got a mysterious unsolicited PM from an infrequent poster saying that the job is Miller's to lose.

Wouldn’t be upset, but still want Forbes. Makes sense why we haven’t seen any noteworthy flights going to Johnson City, if true.

Beilein would take the Wake job, but certain stipulations will keep this from happening. I don’t need green letters or any internet points. Just passing along information as I receive it, much like everyone else.

If this is true, unless Beilein's stipulation is that he gets to sacrifice a student every year at Midnight Madness, we are self-important morons for letting his stipulation stand in the way of hiring him.

If this is true, unless Beilein's stipulation is that he gets to sacrifice a student every year at Midnight Madness, we are self-important morons for letting his stipulation stand in the way of hiring him.

I mean....I'd allow it

Forbes is 18 years older than Miller. I would agree that Forbes' resume is a touch better than Miller's at this very moment, but what type of profile might Miller have when he's 55? I doubt he'll still be at ETSU waiting for his first P5 HC job.

Forbes is 18 years older than Miller. I would agree that Forbes' resume is a touch better than Miller's at this very moment, but what type of profile might Miller have when he's 55? I doubt he'll still be at ETSU waiting for his first P5 HC job.

No, but he could also be back at UNCG after blowing his chances at P5 schools.

You negotiated a lower buyout, Currie. Figure this out as to the stipulations and sign the man to a contract!

probably not, but we are hiring them now, and not when Miller is 55. Hire for the next 7 years, not for the next 30.

probably not, but we are hiring them now, and not when Miller is 55. Hire for the next 7 years, not for the next 30.

fair - but I'm saying that Forbes has a slight edge with an 18 year head start... I am leaning towards Wes. But for the record, I think Forbes would be a good hire too!

Larry Russell just called me. He says "we ain't hiring no god damn Tarheel. And quit talking shit about old people." He says we should just give it to Clawson. LOL

If we do, will Larry come out of the crowd and tackle Wes?

I am on board with Miller, but as stated before, what a waste to hire a search firm to end up with a coach that has their family name on a campus building. I thought the program was worried about money.

I 110% agree with Larry Russell, we should not hire no g.d. Tar Heel.

Hell, I have even heard some Wake fans say they have grown tired of seeing the replays of Randolph's crossover on McInnis during timeouts of our TV games. Just think how it will be if we hire Miller and we have to put up with seeing little Wes kissing Ole Roy's baby blue butt during every timeout of Wake games on TV.

I am on board with Miller, but as stated before, what a waste to hire a search firm to end up with a coach that has their family name on a campus building. I thought the program was worried about money.

It removes the appearance of any nepotism if the search firm comes to the conclusion that a booster's son is the best choice.

Back