• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

I have no idea whether any of this is true (and I dont want to overstate the situation). But, Thad Matta would be the biggest hire in the history of Wake Forest Sports, hands down. Drop the MIC type shit. This would make us nationally instantly relevant again. And JC almost guarantees an added 3-4k season tickets for next year. The Bzz (excuse the expression) would be enormous. Every player in the transfer portal would want to come back (not sure he'd take them). Seems too good to be true honestly.

Go back through Thad Matta’s career record. That guy is a fucking beast of a basketball coach. Thus, there is no way we will hire him.

i can't think of another reason a plane would be splitting its time between naples/osu/indianapolis

but if it's leaving naples tomorrow at 1:30 he's either going to need to get back down there from w-s or he already is

100% his plane, recent flights have been between Indy, Naples, and Columbus. Holy shit.

i can't think of another reason a plane would be splitting its time between naples/osu/indianapolis

but if it's leaving naples tomorrow at 1:30 he's either going to need to get back down there from w-s or he already is

I bet we will see a flight to Naples pop up on the Winston FlightAware tomorrow morning then.

Seems like a good or bad sign he's scheduled to fly to OSU tomorrow? If he's accepting a new job there might be some paperwork to sign...

Probs going back to tOSU to tell them to STOP THE PAYMENTS BECAUSE HE GOT THAT WAKE FOREST JOB

Just dropping by to spray some creamy vibes all over this thread.

Ain’t nothing the Matta in Winston salem anymore.

Wake Forest looks to Matta in a big way in 2020.

We are gonna be good again, y’all! Swing that 9 incher, Currie! Get it done !

hey, uh, guys?

i think i might've just found thad matta's plane

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/XLS57/history/20200430/1730Z/KAPF/KOSU

pTEB7KN.png

what am i missing here? how does this plane connect to wake/winston-salem?

what am i missing here? how does this plane connect to wake/winston-salem?

It doesn't. It connects to Matta.

The theory is that the plane yesterday from Naples-WS-Roanoke was through Wake connects.

If it's true, we should see a flight in the AM tomorrow from W-S to Naples.

If we flew Matta from Naples to Winston, we can't drop the guy off at OSU? He has to fly back to Naples and then up to Ohio? That doesn't seem realistic does it?

If we flew Matta from Naples to Winston, we can't drop the guy off at OSU? He has to fly back to Naples and then up to Ohio? That doesn't seem realistic does it?

Could be an optics thing. If he's going to wrap up OSU-related business, maybe he wants to make his own arrangements? Who knows.

Back