• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

I enjoy the ESTU board and the step down narrative and its only about money, I mean there is this little thing called the facilities, the recruiting potentil, which moves to the biggest seller, its the fucking ACC you rubes.

They also seem to have the idea that we are cutting two sports and are also pointing out that we have the lowest budget in the ACC... it is still 5x what theirs is though...

I enjoy the ESTU board and the step down narrative and its only about money, I mean there is this little thing called the facilities, the recruiting potentil, which moves to the biggest seller, its the fucking ACC you rubes.

I looked at their gym and it looks like a high school gym. Hell, there's a high school in Johnson City that uses it as their home gym. While the Joel is nothing overly special, it looks like a palace to their arena.

Not to mention...brand new World Class facilities beats out whatever their practice facilities are.

They also seem to have the idea that we are cutting two sports and are also pointing out that we have the lowest budget in the ACC... it is still 5x what theirs is though...

I saw that...I don't see any sports that realistically would be cut. On the men's side, we've dumped a shit ton of money into facilities for baseball, football, basketball and golf in the past 10-15 years and tennis/track and field don't really require much upkeep beyond scholarships.

RJ - good scoops!

OGBoards - good job staying positive!

Curry - good job firing a bad coach and hiring a good one under tough circumstances!

Forbes calling a key member of the rebuild right about... now. Hopefully he gets a good impression of Forbes.

Forbes calling a key member of the rebuild right about... now. Hopefully he gets a good impression of Forbes.

I sure hope you mean Sarr. That is the first piece of the puzzle, even if it is for one season.

haha, much appreciated to you and others. Sorry to disappoint, but unless Goodman escalates that shit further, I've got no need to keep going. He really is a massive prick; I've known that since sitting next to him for an NCAAT game in Charlotte in 2015.

But damn. Had no idea I was living in his head rent free for so long.

I wish I could say where misleading info came from. Only part of it I really regret is mentioning Collins; I should've fleshed that out more.

I had heard from multiple and independent sources (#sauces, I guess now) that Forbes and Miller were out at that point. As I said on radio, I'll eat crow if I'm wrong. Can't taste much worse than paper. And clearly was wrong. I can live with that, though.

you're a good egg dude - keep fighting the fight. Wake Forest beat ain't easy / fun / glamorous and you're doing a great job. And let's be honest Les is taking a check from the AD so i'm sure that gives him a leg up....

Last edited:
All those who LOWFed this job and came up for all the excuses why people wouldn't be interested in it -- I see you.

Also shows how truly awful Wellman was that he landed on the two dudes he did in the last decade for what is a very desirable position

Apologies if this is a duplicate. Here's a highlight nonetheless:

https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Ba...ent-but-Forbes-still-has-pressure-washer.html

[FONT=roboto_slablight]The Bucs were preparing for the tournament after having breezed through the Southern Conference tournament with three double-digit victories. They were 30-4 and poised for what they hoped would be a historic postseason run.[/FONT]
[FONT=roboto_slablight]For those efforts, Forbes was rewarded with the [[FONT=&quot]2020 Hugh Durham Award] [/FONT]Mid-Major national coach of the year award.[/FONT]
[FONT=roboto_slablight]“My mom asked me who voted on it and I said one person,” Forbes said with a laugh[/FONT]

haha, much appreciated to you and others. Sorry to disappoint, but unless Goodman escalates that shit further, I've got no need to keep going. He really is a massive prick; I've known that since sitting next to him for an NCAAT game in Charlotte in 2015.

But damn. Had no idea I was living in his head rent free for so long.

I wish I could say where misleading info came from. Only part of it I really regret is mentioning Collins; I should've fleshed that out more.

I had heard from multiple and independent sources (#sauces, I guess now) that Forbes and Miller were out at that point. As I said on radio, I'll eat crow if I'm wrong. Can't taste much worse than paper. And clearly was wrong. I can live with that, though.

Hey man, don't worry. Goodman has to have someone to deflect all the shit he deserves getting.

This reminds me of people being worried about getting posterized in a bball game.

Do you know who has been posterized? EVERYONE who has ever played with guys who can dunk.

I looked at their gym and it looks like a high school gym. Hell, there's a high school in Johnson City that uses it as their home gym. While the Joel is nothing overly special, it looks like a palace to their arena.

Not to mention...brand new World Class facilities beats out whatever their practice facilities are.

I think we need to be a bit more charitable. I mean they lost their 30-4 Head Coach and our assess got him.

Second thought; screw em.

We're back!!!

This looks like a terrific hire especially compared to the [Redacted] and Manning hires in the past. We finally have a real coach and very happy to see he has a winning personality too.

Time for Randolph to move into fundraising with the Deacon Club. If he wants to be a head coach, I imagine it would be high school level. No slight, there are great high school coaches across the country. He has a lot to prove in the coaching department.

If Chill wants to be a head coach in college, he needs to become an assistant under an acknowledged top level college coach. It would be preferable that job be outside the ACC. Villanova, under Jay Wright would be ideal, but I don't see an opening there this year.

I'd like to see Chill succeed as a coach. It would help if he worked somewhere he could be part of success. He's had personal experience in not succeeding. He needs some experience with success. He needs the inside view of what works. He's seen plenty of what doesn't work.

Back