• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

Increasingly thinking Covid-19 helped us out here. Forbes would've been one of if not the hottest name on the coaching market. In a normal year, I'm not sure we would be the most desirable opening.

I looked at their gym and it looks like a high school gym. Hell, there's a high school in Johnson City that uses it as their home gym. While the Joel is nothing overly special, it looks like a palace to their arena.

Not to mention...brand new World Class facilities beats out whatever their practice facilities are.

Dear ETSU,

Tim Duncan
Chris Paul
John Collins
Al Farouq Amino
Jeff Teague
Josh Howard
Ish Smith
Darius Songaila
Rodney Rogers
Frank Johnson
Muggsy Bogues
Etc.

Now, let’s see yours.

If they open the transfer rule, I wonder if anything will be done about enforcing LOIs.

Not sure why we're even entertaining the idea of comparing WF vs. ETSU, but a 30-win season at Wake will probably generate a slightly higher tournament seeding than 11 or whatever ETSU would've gotten this year.

In fact a 20-win season probably will yield a better seeding than that. Any ACC job should be super valued as -- in most years -- a large percentage of the conference will be making the dance. In this case, a rising tide lifts maybe not all but most boats.

Winning a conference and a conference tournament is nice and all, but what really matters is getting to the big dance

I looked at their gym and it looks like a high school gym. Hell, there's a high school in Johnson City that uses it as their home gym. While the Joel is nothing overly special, it looks like a palace to their arena.

Not to mention...brand new World Class facilities beats out whatever their practice facilities are.

I've been bouncing around the So Con with Wes for years and have seen 3 games up in Johnson City. ETSU has a great home court advantage. Small stadium. The Joel is not a palace. It's a piece of civic shit. Freedom Hall at ETSU is a fabulous home stadium. We would love to have it.

Yeah, they whole “Wake is a step down from ETSU” is pure comedy. I stopped reading what they had to say after that lol.

Not sure why we're even entertaining the idea of comparing WF vs. ETSU, but a 30-win season at Wake will probably generate a slightly higher tournament seeding than 11 or whatever ETSU would've gotten this year.

In fact a 20-win season probably will yield a better seeding than that. Any ACC job should be super valued as -- in most years -- a large percentage of the conference will be making the dance. In this case, a rising tide lifts maybe not all but most boats.

Winning a conference and a conference tournament is nice and all, but what really matters is getting to the big dance

A 30 win season at Wake is practically a guaranteed 1 seed in the NCAAT. What a bunch of donks.

Increasingly thinking Covid-19 helped us out here. Forbes would've been one of if not the hottest name on the coaching market. In a normal year, I'm not sure we would be the most desirable opening.

there was literally never a better time for Wake to make a coaching change than this year. So many factors actually worked in our favor if we were aggressive and didn't let the "But, but, but," excuses stop us from doing what needed to be done. John Currie- great job!!

The average ETSU fan may have no idea Wake's basketball history and only knows us as bottom feeders. Hopefully, Forbes can return WF to where it was in the 1990s and 2000s.

According to one poster, ”I expected Forbes to leave but not for a school that is a Walmart in the Neiman Marcus neighborhood.“
Haha!

Coming from a Dollar Tree wannabe school, it can be construed as a compliment.

The average ETSU fan may have no idea Wake's basketball history and only knows us as bottom feeders. Hopefully, Forbes can return WF to where it was in the 1990s and 2000s.

The average ETSU fan hasn't been a fan very long most likely.

I've been bouncing around the So Con with Wes for years and have seen 3 games up in Johnson City. ETSU has a great home court advantage. Small stadium. The Joel is not a palace. It's a piece of civic shit. Freedom Hall at ETSU is a fabulous home stadium. We would love to have it.

What the fuck are you talking about? Freedom Hall is literally an off-campus, city-owned arena. It would also be smaller than the next smallest ACC arena by more than 25%.

Last edited:
I mean this in the nicest way, but why would a school like ETSU give Randolph a chance? He has been on two of the worst staffs in NCAA history. I hope he finds a place under a great coach and is successful there.

Yup. Feel exactly the same way.

Grifting with a low tier program for years and still could not even get an ounce of accurate scoop. Sad!!

I enjoy the ESTU board and the step down narrative and its only about money, I mean there is this little thing called the facilities, the recruiting potentil, which moves to the biggest seller, its the fucking ACC you rubes.

That Bucdoctor dude is salty as fuck

Back