• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Concessions Partner

Deacfreak07

Ain't played nobody, PAWL!
Reaction score

As part of the new partnership, fans inside Wake Forest Athletics venues can look forward to superior game day experiences at Wake Forest through elevated food and beverage offerings, including grab-and-go concessions, a new point-of-sale system offering greater speed and more payment options, local sourcing, from-scratch cooking for optimal taste and nutrition, and creative customization to Wake Forest's brand.

Additionally, Proof of the Pudding's focus on enhancing the mixology game day experience will include ready to drink (RTD) cocktails, local beers, alcohol-only lines to expedite service, specialty insta-worthy cocktails for games, responsible and personable service, and more. The partnership will encompass Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Allegacy Stadium, David F. Couch Ballpark, among other venues.

The food was already pretty decent. My only complaint is that it was cold half the time. I’m always wary of “quicker” options. That usually means that people have to figure out how to pay by a method they aren’t used to. Of course the food trucks are a nice option but they take too long.

"Elevated" food and beverage offerings. Hopefully not too elevated for the vertically challenged.

It says that they work with Duke. If they do the concessions at Wallace-Wade, they did a good job when I went to our game their last fall.

It says that they work with Duke. If they do the concessions at Wallace-Wade, they did a good job when I went to our game their last fall.
Looks like just the club level concessions at duke (and really most of their stadium partners. They do everything at Auburn.

looks like they also do food at the Atlanta Hawks practice complex which probably explains how this came about

Would be interested to know if they were the lowest bidder for the contract.

On another gameday note, a friend of mine who lives in Florida has for years gone to 2-3 home games a year, but said last year was it b/c at he and his wife's "advancing age", he no longer felt safe navigating our hand rail-less aisles. I recently informed him of the upgrade to rails, so he is enthusiastically back on board for a few games this year. This is a long-overdue but very welcome addition to the "game-day experience".
As for the food/drink, I haven't bought any food or alcohol in the stadium in years b/c I tend to over-indulge in both during a 3-4 hour tailgate. But particularly for those who don't tailgate and/or parents with kids who have to be eating and drinking something to keep them happy, or like me will get a water to stay hydrated, I'm all in for service and offerings for the "greater good". So now if we can just get chairbacks throughout the stadium, we can legitimately claim the "best gameday experience in NC".

Back