• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Concessions Partner

Just smoke cigarettes on the concourse to stave off hunger.

I haven’t been to MB but I believe the story is that yes, there are cheap concessions available but they are only available at very limited locations. You can get a $5 beer but it’s a 12 oz small domestic draft available at one stand only. Same for the hot dog and other food options - limited options, restricted availability. Lines get long at those locations. Everyone always says “just copy MB and Arthur Blank”. It’s not like the magnanimous Arthur Blank just decided he didn’t want his cut of the concessions sales. He agreed to get a bunch of free press and fan goodwill by participating in the myth of cheap food and drinks at MB. It’s really almost a bait-and-switch approach when people get frustrated by the limited availability and choose to buy something more expensive that has a shorter line. Again, this is all third-hand but comes from a friend in the concessionaire industry who got tired of hearing “you should just copy MB”.
The $5 beers and $6 chicken fingers are limited (2 stands and 1 stand on the 100 concourse, respectively), but everything else with “fan friendly” pricing (hot dogs, burgers, pretzels, popcorn, sodas, water, nachos) is readily available.

I wanted some peanut M&Ms, but wasn’t going to pay $5+ for candy.

I have bought a soda before and felt it was obnoxious to have to get your own food, self-checkout and then be asked to tip.

Back