• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Concessions Partner

Wake food is average. The Onik N Moo food truck on the other hand, was crazy good. Brisket grilled cheese may have been the best sandwich I have ever eaten.
Had a BBQ sandwich combo from there on Saturday. Hands down best BBQ and fries I've ever had. They were not cheap but they were amazing.

If you're ever in town for a Canes game, the best food in the arena is probably NC BBQ company. The BBQ nachos do not suck. I'm also a big PDQ and Shake Shack fan.
Probably won't happen this year, but I've always wanted to go to a MN Wild road game so maybe at some point in the future. Or if my son ends up going to Duke (joking).

I go to a lot of Canes games and always hear about the BBQ nachos, might have to try it this year
The club level steak sandwiches and pizzas are pretty solid too. PDQ is my other favorite but the line is always crazy long.

I’ve probably posted about this before, but when Arthur Blank was building the new Falcons/United stadium, they did a survey about what makes fans attending sporting events the most upset. #1 was parking/ingress/egress. #2 was concession prices. They said there’s not much we can do about 1, but we can do something about 2. So while they have plenty of concession stands with more “upscale” game day food at relatively typical stadium prices, they also have traditional stadium foods with amazing prices - $2 hot dogs, popcorn, pretzels and fountain drinks with refills, $3 nachos and pizza slices, $5 12 oz light domestic beer and burgers, $6 chicken tenders with fries (I’m sure I’m missing some other stuff). It has worked out well for them, as a lot of people who would just eat before a game with regular stadium prices actually spend money on food at those prices.

I’ve probably posted about this before, but when Arthur Blank was building the new Falcons/United stadium, they did a survey about what makes fans attending sporting events the most upset. #1 was parking/ingress/egress. #2 was concession prices. They said there’s not much we can do about 1, but we can do something about 2. So while they have plenty of concession stands with more “upscale” game day food at relatively typical stadium prices, they also have traditional stadium foods with amazing prices - $2 hot dogs, popcorn, pretzels and fountain drinks with refills, $3 nachos and pizza slices, $5 12 oz light domestic beer and burgers, $6 chicken tenders with fries (I’m sure I’m missing some other stuff). It has worked out well for them, as a lot of people who would just eat before a game with regular stadium prices actually spend money on food at those prices.
I was impressed that Panthers Stadium had fountain drinks with free refills. It was a better deal and you didn't have to wait in a long line just to get a drink.

Was at the basketball game yesterday. The kids wanted a hot dog or some other type of substantial food. I didn’t do a full loop to check out every option, but I went to the three closest concession stands to our section and all three just had popcorn and soft pretzels, nothing else. Is that normal? Did I miss something?

There is definitely at least one stand and maybe 2 that has hot dogs and grilled sausages

There’s also dominos pizza

10_23_LJVM_Coliseum_Map_CORRECTED.jpg

Roll The Dogs is the stand with hot dogs

Was at the basketball game yesterday. The kids wanted a hot dog or some other type of substantial food. I didn’t do a full loop to check out every option, but I went to the three closest concession stands to our section and all three just had popcorn and soft pretzels, nothing else. Is that normal? Did I miss something?
I’ve always found Wake kind of lacking in actual food options at bball games. I go to Big East and A 10 games regularly and there are a lot more choices for what is often a smaller crowd which is so odd to me.

I’ve always found Wake kind of lacking in actual food options at bball games. I go to Big East and A 10 games regularly and there are a lot more choices for what is often a smaller crowd which is so odd to me.

It didn't used to be that way.

Recently, I received a rather lengthy survey from the AD regarding game-day experience and there were several questions regarding food options. I think they're making the effort but need feedback as to what is desired.

I'm always amazed at arenas that won't follow the MB stadium in Atlanta. Fair prices and they crush it. People just won't spend when the price point is too high.

I haven’t been to MB but I believe the story is that yes, there are cheap concessions available but they are only available at very limited locations. You can get a $5 beer but it’s a 12 oz small domestic draft available at one stand only. Same for the hot dog and other food options - limited options, restricted availability. Lines get long at those locations. Everyone always says “just copy MB and Arthur Blank”. It’s not like the magnanimous Arthur Blank just decided he didn’t want his cut of the concessions sales. He agreed to get a bunch of free press and fan goodwill by participating in the myth of cheap food and drinks at MB. It’s really almost a bait-and-switch approach when people get frustrated by the limited availability and choose to buy something more expensive that has a shorter line. Again, this is all third-hand but comes from a friend in the concessionaire industry who got tired of hearing “you should just copy MB”.

Agree. I meant when I’ve been back recently. I’m always kind of surprised by it.
I haven’t been this season but last season there was a stand that did local smashburgers and a couple of other items, a big stand that did hot dogs/chicken tenders/burgers, Domino’s, a stand that did a selection of BBQ items, a stand that did chicken tenders tossed in different sauces and specialty curly fries, an ice cream stand, a gourmet popcorn stand, a Dippin’ Dots and other confections stand, and two snack stands that did regular concessions items like popcorn/pretzel/hot dog. Pretty good variety there.

Plus 20 oz sodas were $6 - people thought that was outrageous and now it’s a 7.5 oz for $6!

I haven’t been to MB but I believe the story is that yes, there are cheap concessions available but they are only available at very limited locations. You can get a $5 beer but it’s a 12 oz small domestic draft available at one stand only. Same for the hot dog and other food options - limited options, restricted availability. Lines get long at those locations. Everyone always says “just copy MB and Arthur Blank”. It’s not like the magnanimous Arthur Blank just decided he didn’t want his cut of the concessions sales. He agreed to get a bunch of free press and fan goodwill by participating in the myth of cheap food and drinks at MB. It’s really almost a bait-and-switch approach when people get frustrated by the limited availability and choose to buy something more expensive that has a shorter line. Again, this is all third-hand but comes from a friend in the concessionaire industry who got tired of hearing “you should just copy MB”.

At least when I was there, at the SEC championship a few years back, that's not how it was at all. Ton of fountain soda machines everywhere. Cups were $2 for unlimited soda. Popcorn was cheap. Chick fil A same price as usual. As the article shows - they made more money. Good quality at a good price - people eat it up lol

Back