• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Concessions Partner

Sodas are more reasonable than last year. I think it was $8 for Pepsi and $7 for deacon brew last year. This year, soda is $5.50 and beer is $9.50

Sodas are more reasonable than last year. I think it was $8 for Pepsi and $7 for deacon brew last year. This year, soda is $5.50 and beer is $9.50
Soda was $6 last year, Deac Brews were $7, domestics were $8, Seven Saturdays IPA was $9. I heard Wake wouldn’t go cashless so everything had to be priced to the whole dollar. Seems that has changed.

Wake food is average. The Onik N Moo food truck on the other hand, was crazy good. Brisket grilled cheese may have been the best sandwich I have ever eaten.

Brisket with the Mac 'N Cheese last weekend in the TD Club was solid and the wings during the Vandy game were fine.

For those complaining about the food quality and/or prices, what other sports or entertainment venues are you visiting with 4-star dining at dirt cheap prices?

IMO

just stick with the standard items, hotdogs, fries, pretzels, nachos, candy, popcorn, soda, etc. . . . and then keep them all reasonably priced.

the addition of beer over the years is fine, but these food prices have become ridiculous!

JUST sell a hotdog w/ fries and a drink for $10!!!

If you want something fancy, eat it in the parking lot or a restaurant before you come.

a football game is a football game, not a soiree' or a dinner party.

I know the rebuttal will be, well everyone else charges a ton of money, and we need more options. . . but that has never been, and will ever be, a good excuse.

I'm sure I'll hear it for this opinion. . . .

Sell CFA sandwiches. They are quick, easy and ppl love them. I'd eat one at every game if they were easily available.

The food at Clemson was beyond pitiful too, so it's not just us. It was barely of-brand gas station quality.

Brisket with the Mac 'N Cheese last weekend in the TD Club was solid and the wings during the Vandy game were fine.

For those complaining about the food quality and/or prices, what other sports or entertainment venues are you visiting with 4-star dining at dirt cheap prices?
I can't say I tried much of the food at Wake, but the concessions at Minnesota's stadium aren't great. They are expensive and lines are long. I think we have more options than Wake, but that's probably just because our stadium is bigger.

I think college football suffers because it's only 7 events a year. Hard to attract a top-notch vendor for that situation.

I know I get much better concession options at Minnesota Twins and Minnesota United games (although they are even more expensive).

The Augusta National is solid.

I can't say I tried much of the food at Wake, but the concessions at Minnesota's stadium aren't great. They are expensive and lines are long. I think we have more options than Wake, but that's probably just because our stadium is bigger.

I think college football suffers because it's only 7 events a year. Hard to attract a top-notch vendor for that situation.

I know I get much better concession options at Minnesota Twins and Minnesota United games (although they are even more expensive).
This is correct, and why it makes sense to have something like Chick Fil A or Bojangles deliver hundreds of sandwiches.

You need Biscuitville at the stadium!!!
If you're ever in town for a Canes game, the best food in the arena is probably NC BBQ company. The BBQ nachos do not suck. I'm also a big PDQ and Shake Shack fan.

I've rarely had a food at any stadium that I thought was above standard fare. I've had bad experiences, but never really any "man I would do that again" experiences.

That's the problem, we don't want 4 star dining at sporting events. We just want cheap hot dogs, chicken tenders, beer, and burgers. I don't need fried green tomatoes, brisket, or $18 cocktails. $10 light beer, $8 hotdogs, $12 chicken tenders and fries is ridiculous.

If you're ever in town for a Canes game, the best food in the arena is probably NC BBQ company. The BBQ nachos do not suck. I'm also a big PDQ and Shake Shack fan.
I go to a lot of Canes games and always hear about the BBQ nachos, might have to try it this year

Back