• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New DC blog on interviewing Bzd

BallState, what's the deal? You'd think John Edwards was enough.

Please stop mentioning my BOI, Shaka Smart, people. I've been on him since Jan when I heard him give a radio interview. The guy's passion is infectious. I wanted to run thru walls just listening to a damn interview.

It's a sock issue. Shaka Smart has had zero training in proper sock wear. I thought this was abundantly clear. :rulz:

Please stop mentioning my BOI, Shaka Smart, people. I've been on him since Jan when I heard him give a radio interview. The guy's passion is infectious. I wanted to run thru walls just listening to a damn interview.

43 posts on a one word answer right now. I'm not ready to crucify him based on that, but I just got my pitchfork and torch out of the barn for Thursday's MTOW column.

He has already lost over 50% of the fanbase. That could increase tomorrow.

Of course...most probably don't follow MTOW, so...maybe not, actually.

I think he should stop doing interviews...it can only help him.

Just don't do anymore...if you win then we like you, if not...we fire you anyway...win/win right?

It's obvious he doesn't like them anyways.

If Bzzz quit doing interviews, Wellman would have to hire another media guy to leak Bzzz's excuses to the press and throw the players under the bus for him.

I would love to be able to interview Coach [Redacted]. Somebody in the Athletic Department hook this up!

I assure them that if he can convince me that he is the man for the job then he can convince anyone.

Challenge set.

I would love to interview Coach [Redacted]...no offense DV7, but I feel like this is more likely than you haha

If Bzzz quit doing interviews, Wellman would have to hire another media guy to leak Bzzz's excuses to the press and throw the players under the bus for him.

Or RW could just do them himse....oh wait he does them himself anyways... :rulz:

I would love to interview Coach [Redacted]...no offense DV7, but I feel like this is more likely than you haha

Not if he is confident in taking on his harshest critic. I won't cuss at him or anything, but tough questions would be asked.

No chance it happens though. Just wanted the Ath Dept moles here to know I would be up for it.

Question 1 would be for him to explain his 1-31 BCS away conference game record, with 22 of those 32 games (69%) being losses by 10 points or more.

I'd really love to hear him explain a record so miserable.

Not if he is confident in taking on his harshest critic. I won't cuss at him or anything, but tough questions would be asked.

No chance it happens though. Just wanted the Ath Dept moles here to know I would be up for it.

Question 1 would be for him to explain his 1-31 BCS away conference game record, with 22 of those 32 games (69%) being losses by 10 points or more.

I'd really love to hear him explain a record so miserable.

What do you think he would say if you asked him that? Would he stutter? Look to the side for help? Take 4 minutes to answer? THESE ARE PERTINENT QUESTIONS!!!

BallState, what's the deal? You'd think John Edwards was enough.

Thought [Redacted] was a terrible hire at the time but know he won't get fired until AT LEAST after next year, so I'm in a holding pattern. So my "support" isn't at a high level. Wasn't impressed with much of anything and saw only a hair of improvement.

What do you think he would say if you asked him that? Would he stutter? Look to the side for help? Take 4 minutes to answer? THESE ARE PERTINENT QUESTIONS!!!

No clue what he would say. Would love to find out. Wouldn't you?

The man needs to be accountable for his record, right?

Thought [Redacted] was a terrible hire at the time but know he won't get fired until AT LEAST after next year, so I'm in a holding pattern. So my "support" isn't at a high level. Wasn't impressed with much of anything and saw only a hair of improvement.

I agree with this.

I believe that barring a catastrophic second year he will be back for at least 2 more years, and probably 3 years. That said, there was minimal improvement as a team. I am willing to say that a lot of the improvement as a team will show this year. If we have a year around 9-11 wins, then I am off the BuzzWait and onto the BuzzOut.

Last edited:
At least 2 more years from now? Or a 3rd year in general considering his start date?

I agree with this.

I believe that barring a catastrophic second year he will be back for at least 2 more years, and probably 3 years. That said, there was minimal improvement as a team. I am willing to say that a lot of the improvement as a team will show this year. If we have a year around 9-11 wins, then I am off the BuzzWait and onto the BuzzOut.

It would be tough not to win 9-11 games next year. All you're saying is if we're not historical bad and just almost as historically bad. Getting 12 wins would just mean this year's team + beating Stetson, Presby, UNCW, and Winthrop. Is that really enough to keep you waiting?

I don't understand why Coach [Redacted] and RW are having such difficulty with P.R. They only need to do a couple simple things in order to get some pressure off.
1. Just relate to the damn fan base; Be as openly frustrated as we are.
2. Stop deflecting criticism by digressing about all of these soft goals (practice improvement?) that us laymen couch-coaches aren't aware of.
3. Admit that we sucked, hard, and that you screwed up.
4. Promise it will be better next season, and point out specific things to look forward to.

Last edited:
I agree with this.

Yeah, I think we likely see him coach through the 2012-2013 season. Unless he resigns, which is possible. Carrying Riley's jock strap around the NBA prob sounds like a pretty damn good job right now.

Back