• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NEW EPISODE: "Roll The Quadcast" 11/6 (ACC basketball season preview)

Checked it out this morning on the way to work and it was really engaging. Good work guys, definitely worth a listen if you have thirty minutes on your hands, or on a morning commute.

Would you all prefer this to come out on a Monday or a Tuesday? Do you still want to hear about the past week's game on a Tuesday or is that too late?

ETA: I realize Tuesday is the toughest day academically and may hurt the size of our audience because the students are all studying.

Reactions: BDL
Monday - everything is fresh & those who don't listen immediately have more time to digest it at some point during the week.

Either day is fine with us, but at some point in the near future we would like to possibly take phone calls or do a live show, and Sunday night could possibly conflict with football that other people are watching.

I will admit that most of the audience will download and listen on commutes or stream it at work, so the live portion will not draw the majority of our listeners.

We are also open for all topics. We will probably hit on some macro-view stuff during bye-weeks and after basketball/football season.

Just because people don't listen live doesn't mean you can't still field phone calls.

I would definitely be interested in hearing what guys from the boards (both of them) or that people know in real life have to say about the team in the context of a Wake-based sports radio show. I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but if there was a daily sports show that talked about Wake for a couple hours I would tune in for the entire thing during the work day.

Bravo. That was quite good for a first effort. I'm looking forward to future podcasts.

you could call your buddies house and jacko and have them act totally surprised that you're calling them at work to discuss sports. "Complex litigation, this is john."

Episode 2 is up and ready. We discussed a 56-7 dismantling at the hands of the Clemson Tigers. We also preview the N.C. State game and get into some really good discussion regarding Jim Grobe and Ron Wellman. There are also ACC picks for the entirety of the conference.

As always, any and all feedback is welcome. If you want a question answered on next week's podcast, please feel free to PM us or post your question on this thread. Thanks again for the support!

Good listen, very engaging. I like the addition of sounds in the background it makes it feel much more professional.

Nice work, gentlemen.

I most enjoyed the new questions segment. You guys aren't shying away from the concerns of the fanbase.

Appreciate it, HTTD. We plan on doing the questions segment it every week. We feel it's a good way to help understand what our listeners want to know about. We won't shy away from questions if we feel they are relevant and the fan base wants to know our thoughts. Last night we discussed Jim Grobe/Ron Wellman because that's what you all wanted to hear. If this airplane banner happens, then we aren't going to shy away from talking about that next week. We'd love to have nothing but positive things to say, but we're going to call it like we see it.

I really like that you note the times of different segments, so you can skip around to those you are more interested in if you don't have the full 30-45 minutes to listen to the whole thing. Great work, guys.

Nice work, gentlemen.

I most enjoyed the new questions segment. You guys aren't shying away from the concerns of the fanbase.

Agree. I'm enjoying this. Regarding the questions, I love how fans of other schools always act like we're crazy for criticizing Grobe and say we should feel grateful to have him. I appreciate what he's done but damn- this was supposed to be a bowl game year.

Wow, you guys copped rj's "hysterically competitive" line at the end, or rj stole it from you? :squint:

Back