• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Era Deacs/ Wake Football Fans

Expectations have been way to high. After the Orange Bowl season, it was like "acc champions repeat!" Back to reality, folks. We had a great season in '06. But we've never been consistently at the top of th ACC. Get back to earth and realize that was once in a lifetime. Years before '06 weren't too great. That's where we are. And that is where we always will be.

I'm prepared to get ripped into shreds.

Last edited:
Expectations have been way to high. After the Orange Bowl season, it was like "acc champions repeat!" Back to reality, folks. We had a great season in '06. But we've never been consistently at the top of th ACC. Get back to earth and realize that was once in a lifetime. Years before '06 weren't too great. That's where we are. And that is where we always will be.

I'm prepared to get ripped into shreds.

Good thing nobody associated with the Football Program has such a shitty outlook.

nope. he's just outright stating that a guy who quit on his former team (UNC) and decided to follow Wake Forest has absolutely no grounds to talk about others being a quitter. unlike you who actually QUIT on your team, the "quitters" around here are simply pessimistic about the outlook of the team. most on this board live and breathe Wake Forest and will die Wake Forest fans. if anybody here is prone to quitting on this team, it will be you in the future not the rest of us

Oh... So nobody in the history of fucking sports fandom has ever "found" their true team?
How,pray tell, did you come to be a Deacon? Was it pre-ordained? Was daddy a deac?

Go Fuck Yourself...

WHAT BILL --- That I took some time with my brother last year while he was battling BRAIN CANCER!

IS THAT WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BILL!?

Man i have been a board follower for a few years now and have always enjoyed Lectro's post. I dont get all the Lectro hate??

Keep doin your thing Lectro. I'm sure there are plenty like me that look forward to your name popping up in a new post!!!

Good thing nobody associated with the Football Program has such a shitty outlook.

No, I just don't get caught up in the moment thinking that we should be going to the orange bowl every year. I have a reasonable outlook. People here have over the top outlooks. 2000: 2-9. 2001: 6-5. 2002: 7-6. 2003: 5-7. 2004: 4-7. 2005: 4-7. 2006: 11-3. That year has thrown everybody's expectations out the roof

No, I just don't get caught up in the moment thinking that we should be going to the orange bowl every year. I have a reasonable outlook. People here have over the top outlooks. 2000: 2-9. 2001: 6-5. 2002: 7-6. 2003: 5-7. 2004: 4-7. 2005: 4-7. 2006: 11-3. That year has thrown everybody's expectations out the roof

This soph class is something special. They are gonna take us on a ride....Just hold on tight:)

Just hope the soph class doesn't drive the bus off of the cliff.

Maybe you could drive off the cliff... and take some of these 3rd string fans with you.

And it WILL Be Done With or without your sorry asses. We are going to continue 'recruiting' over you... We are going to bring in Wallmart fans descending from the northeast and rust belt and your asses will be replaced.

Maybe you could drive off the cliff... and take some of these 3rd string fans with you.

And it WILL Be Done With or without your sorry asses. We are going to continue 'recruiting' over you... We are going to bring in Wallmart fans descending from the northeast and rust belt and your asses will be replaced.

howard-dean-8.jpg

Who...who if fuggin hooville has ever thought we are going to the Orange Bowl.

Are you intentionally being dense...

Wake Forest is a program in construction and at a critical phase.

You on or off.

Who...who if fuggin hooville has ever thought we are going to the Orange Bowl.

Are you intentionally being dense...

Wake Forest is a program in construction and at a critical phase.

You on or off.

Im on. I just get sick of people having high expectations (not orange bowl, but you should get the deal).

Im on. I just get sick of people having high expectations (not orange bowl, but you should get the deal).

All I have seen are people reasonably hoping for a .500 team (myself included). I recognize that our sophomore class is strongest and that 2012 and 2013 should be ACC Title run years.

This program has worked it's ass off to rid itself of stigmas and boogeymen...it worked hard to throw off the shackles of florida state and I'll be god damned if I'm gonna watch a bunch of prep school pussies throw the baby out with the bathwater.

This Team is Building for Another ACC Title... Would that do it for you? Would that end the sad-sack "we are never going to be where we were in 2006...it was once in a lifetime" schtick.

This program has been grinding and working to overcome not only the tremendous objections outside of it but also the perpetual "loser" on the inside. All the reasons why "Wake can't" have been well documented from the outside obsevers...damn shame Ol'Jim has so many 3rd stringers on campus.

Oh... So nobody in the history of fucking sports fandom has ever "found" their true team?
How,pray tell, did you come to be a Deacon? Was it pre-ordained? Was daddy a deac?

Go Fuck Yourself...

Hey my Mom and Dad were deacs, so is my wife and I didnt apply to any other schools...

Unbridled faith is great when things go well, but there always needs to be that element of doubt in order to ask the hard questions when things do not go well...

When you pull for this team starting in the womb, forty years of our sports history pretty much makes you look at games where we lose the same way over and over and take the "great we blew it again" road...

I am Wake through and through and always will be, and my children better be if they want me to pay for college, but you cant take away my right to bitch about the state of our sports programs... lol...

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

All I have seen are people reasonably hoping for a .500 team (myself included). I recognize that our sophomore class is strongest and that 2012 and 2013 should be ACC Title run years.

This program has worked it's ass off to rid itself of stigmas and boogeymen...it worked hard to throw off the shackles of florida state and I'll be god damned if I'm gonna watch a bunch of prep school pussies throw the baby out with the bathwater.

This Team is Building for Another ACC Title... Would that do it for you? Would that end the sad-sack "we are never going to be where we were in 2006...it was once in a lifetime" schtick.

This program has been grinding and working to overcome not only the tremendous objections outside of it but also the perpetual "loser" on the inside. All the reasons why "Wake can't" have been well documented from the outside obsevers...damn shame Ol'Jim has so many 3rd stringers on campus.

I would love to have another acc championship. I don't know anybody that wouldnt

See, like Lectro said.... it's cyclical...

Wake Forest Football is the exact oppisite for UNC Basketball. They have one bad season out of 10, but you know they are going to come back....

See, like Lectro said.... it's cyclical...

Wake Forest Football is the exact oppisite for UNC Basketball. They have one bad season out of 10, but you know they are going to come back....

congrats...you just made 4th string

congrats...you just made 4th string

Oh crap... I made the 4th string.... So, would that make me higher rated then Wake will be in their own division within the ACC?

Besides, I went to Penn State, so think hard about who I invest my time in when cheering for college football....

Back