• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Football Assistant Coach

You must be thinking about kenny Moore

You must be confused. Kenny Moore graduated in 2007. Givens was a rFR in 2009. In 2008 we started DJ Boldin and Chip Brinkman, two guys who both ran around 4.7-4.8 40s if I had to guess.

I'm sure he's going to be on the same page with Camp. And that has to make Camp feel pretty good about his senior year. I'll be interested to see what he does with Ragland. And more interested to see if Grobe and Lobo buy into it.

You must be confused. Kenny Moore graduated in 2007. Givens was a rFR in 2009. In 2008 we started DJ Boldin and Chip Brinkman, two guys who both ran around 4.7-4.8 40s if I had to guess.

Pretty sure this was also the year we decided lining up Mike Rinfrette at wideout was SUPER INNOVATIVE and would FOOL EVERYONE when we ran bubble screens.

That was the most Lobo season of all the Lobo seasons.

I'd take Brinkmanship and Boldin over last year's group.

Boldin was first team All-ACC, wasn't he? Led the league in catches I think??

DJ was legit. Pair him with Camp and #yeslawd. That year with Brinkmanship he caught a lot of balls but my original point was we sorely missed a dynamic playmaker. That spread was painful to watch. Our current corps minus Camp is worse than that group at this point and that is an issue of obvious concern. Without Camp no team is going to fear any of our guys speed.

I still have hope for Brandon Terry, for what it's worth. I have no real reason for optimism except a belief that his hands can/will come around, and the rest of his game is generally above average. I tend to think the biggest reason he saw time last year, despite all the dropped balls, was because he's our best blocker at the WR position.

I think Ragland and Terry will both come around and be solid to average wr. Tyree I think we are going to love this kid. He has already told Stubblefield he is going to start this year and out do his receptions record by 25-50 catches.

I still have hope for Brandon Terry, for what it's worth. I have no real reason for optimism except a belief that his hands can/will come around, and the rest of his game is generally above average. I tend to think the biggest reason he saw time last year, despite all the dropped balls, was because he's our best blocker at the WR position.

He definitely had a few flashes of brilliance....followed by multiple bad drops.

If Stubblefield is a good WR coach then hopefully we'll see more of the former and less of the latter.

Sorry about that, misread the entire post.

I think Ragland and Terry will both come around and be solid to average wr. Tyree I think we are going to love this kid. He has already told Stubblefield he is going to start this year and out do his receptions record by 25-50 catches.

I thought Ragland would "easily" replace Givens?

I thought Ragland would "easily" replace Givens?

Ragland is the ideal practice player who hasn't been able to transfer it over to the games yet. He looked outstanding during scrimmages last year. He may still develop and be solid only time will tell. I am going to give him another shot though as I am not ready to give up on him yet.

Back