• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Football Assistant Coach

I have some friends that are Purdue fans. They absolutely love this guy. He was Orton's goto receiver for years. Great team guy - great route runner - great hands - led BIG in receiving yards when he graduated. If all of that translates to his coaching abilities, and he can instill those qualities in Wake's receivers - then it will be an awesome hire.

Siff - What is your connection to Purdue?

Wife, both in laws, two of three sisters in law, one brother in law, all of wife's cousins but one, wife's grandparents...all Boilers.

"In 2012, Stubblefield got his WRs to buy into UNM's heavy run philosophy, not only as blockers but also as ball-carriers. The Lobo wideouts combined for 565 rushing yards and three touchdowns. That, coupled with the unit's downfield blocking, helped the offense rank fifth in the nation in rushing with an average of 301.3 yards per game."

I guess this means he will come to Wake and coach Defensive Ends or something like that.

This guy was a damn good WR for Purdue back in the day. Lets hope he can coach the way he played.

The official announcement:

Wake Forest Adds Taylor Stubblefield to Football Staff
Purdue grad to coach Deacon wide receivers

Feb. 18, 2013

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Wake Forest head football coach Jim Grobe has announced the addition of Taylor Stubblefield to the Demon Deacon coaching staff. Stubblefield will coach Wake Forest's wide receivers.

Stubblefield most recently was the wide receivers coach at the University of New Mexico. Prior to that, he served as wide receivers coach at Central Michigan in 2011, at Illinois State from 2009-10, at Eastern Michigan in 2008 and at Central Washington in 2007.

Stubblefield was an All-America receiver at Purdue and played two games against Wake Forest during his career...

...At Wake Forest, Stubblefield will mentor a group that includes senior slotback Michael Campanaro who caught 79 passes for 763 yards and six touchdowns. Other returning lettermen among the receivers include Sherman Ragland III (23 receptions, 247 yards) and Brandon Terry (15 receptions, 290 yards) as well as Matt James and Airyn Willis.

0.jpg

Last edited:
Another year, another young coach who will get frustrated and leave soon.

I am worried about our lack of a playmaker WRs after Camp leaves. James and Terry are big guys and Ragland is pretty athletic, but no burner and cannot catch. I am having nightmares of the year pre-Givens when we started Chip Brinkman and Demir Bolding I think it was.

I am worried about our lack of a playmaker WRs after Camp leaves. James and Terry are big guys and Ragland is pretty athletic, but no burner and cannot catch. I am having nightmares of the year pre-Givens when we started Chip Brinkman and Demir Bolding I think it was.

You must be thinking about kenny Moore

Solid hire. He was a lot like Camp as a player. Hopefully, he can help us find another route runner with hands.

Back