• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Forums Feedback, Suggestions, Issues, etc.

I have to ask, was that added really really recently? I checked to see if polls were available there just a day or 2 ago and didn't see that. This seems to be the same software I use on another forum I frequent and was used to polls starting as an option for new posts so specifically looked for it here and didn't see it.

I have to ask, was that added really really recently? I checked to see if polls were available there just a day or 2 ago and didn't see that. This seems to be the same software I use on another forum I frequent and was used to polls starting as an option for new posts so specifically looked for it here and didn't see it.
It, uhh, might not have been turned on for all forums. Not sure how the migration missed it, but depending on which one you were checking in it might not have showed up.

anybody know why when people post pictures or gifs now, I can't see any of them and instead get this message.....7vnsr60001.ibosscloud.com refused to connect.
(if this is already covered here, I apologize)

anybody know why when people post pictures or gifs now, I can't see any of them and instead get this message.....7vnsr60001.ibosscloud.com refused to connect.
(if this is already covered here, I apologize)
I think that is some sort of firewall or content filter hiding images from you.

if on my iPhone I just want to paste a link I always have to type something first before it'll give me the option to paste in the chat box, or should I always just use the link button thing

if on my iPhone I just want to paste a link I always have to type something first before it'll give me the option to paste in the chat box, or should I always just use the link button thing
Yeah, I think that's just a phone specific interface thing.. link button thing definitely should work too, but I usually just do a space or something iirc

Would there be a particular reason I would be unable to start a conversation with a fellow poster?

Also when I try and upload pics, they tend to be sideways, and I cant rotate them. Is that an issue other users are having as well?

Would there be a particular reason I would be unable to start a conversation with a fellow poster?

Also when I try and upload pics, they tend to be sideways, and I cant rotate them. Is that an issue other users are having as well?
hmm there shouldn't be, maybe if they had you on ignore? is it all posters you have that trouble with? or just one or two?

the uploading thing seems like a pic metadata issue.. I haven't seen it happen yet though

the check box in the search function for "search thread titles only" does not work

the check box in the search function for "search thread titles only" does not work
The actual reason you might see weird behavior here is because "tags" count as part of title content on threads. They are disabled/hidden since we turned tags off (and they really wouldn't look right the way this software treats/displays tags vs vbulletin), but those older threads still indexed with that data though, so when you check the box and it doesn't look like there is anything in the title that matches, it's almost certainly because there is a tag on the thread (you can't see) containing the phrase.

Wait. So legacy tags are still in the code just not displayed because it's wonky?

I'll get that fixed after I win the lottery this week.

They exist in the DB, but the way this software shows tags they actually show as literal tags next to thread titles/treats them more like they should be just one or two word entities for categorization, so with how long they were allowed to be on vbulletin (and how many per thread we allowed) it gets SUPER fucky trying to display them here.

If anyone here wins the powerball and donates a mil to me I'll spend some time writing a custom plugin to do tags the old way again 😂

Back