• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New helmets!

Wake%20Forest%20Demon%20Deacons%20Nike%20Pro%20Combat%20Concept%20Helmet%204.jpg
Wake%20Forest%20Demon%20Deacons%20Nike%20Pro%20Combat%20Concept%20Helmet%203.jpg

Wake%20Forest%20Demon%20Deacons%20Nike%20Pro%20Combat%20Concept%20Helmet%202.jpg

Wake%20Forest%20Demon%20Deacons%20Nike%20Pro%20Combat%20Concept%20Helmet%201.jpg
Wake%20Forest%20Demon%20Deacons%20Nike%20Pro%20Combat%20Concept%20Helmet.jpg

Disagree. Breaking out mate black for a nationally televised game would be sweet. You have to switch it up sometimes, bro.

The players have been asking for the matte black one for awhile now, so I'm all for that one. I think the other two will look fine once they're completed and seen in person. All white will look good in my opinion.

Double -

When will they debute the new uniforms ?

AIR, the existing h/a jerseys are 5-6 years old....time for a change.

Not saying they'd debut new uniforms - I'm just saying a lot of schools have this white helmet/white road jersey/white pants look.

I'll be interested to see if the gold one is more gold than the shot makes it appear. It looks like old gold that just fades to white, if it keeps a gold tint all the way through I think it could look really cool as an alternate

Thanks for doing the photoshops, dub21.

Definitely don't like the Deacon head. I'd be very happy with the current decal on the black matte.

I didn't actually do the photoshopping, found them online, somebody did a bunch for all acc teams, including pitt and cuse.

Ah OK. Still thanks.

It shows what I'm talking about. The Deacon chin is near the chin strap and he's biting the face mask. That's just weird.

Those white helmets are about as cool as [Redacted].

I'm really interested to see what logos are going on these. Like the matte black one a lot, hate the gold fade, and think the white is just boring. If there's a Deacon on the helmet, I'd be interested in seeing what the walking Deacon (like the statue outside Deacon Tower) would look like.

had that same idea before falling asleep last night.

The giant deacon head on the photoshops i posted are similar in size to the boise state helmets. Would be better is smaller. The White/Gold fade helmet is a new Schutt design called feathered wave. You can only see it on their website under the baseball helmet section. In their 2013 catalog there are a couple pics of feathered wave football helmets, but only with 2 colors and 3 like the one in the pic from KJ. Looks pretty terrible, and can't believe that's even being considered.

I've heard Grobe himself refer to our present shiny black helmet and gold WF logo combination as "classy" at a Raleigh Deacon Club function from several years back.

I'm good with the matte black helmet and gold logo as an alternate, but will have to reserve judgment on the other two until we see the finished product.

These are still the best uniforms we've fielded in a whlie

KP.jpg

Black tops with gold pants come in second place.

All black is bush league stuff but fans like it and think we look "intimidating" in them, as if the opposing team gives a shit about it.

All black is sweet as hell.

These are still the best uniforms we've fielded in a whlie

KP.jpg

Black tops with gold pants come in second place.

All black is bush league stuff but fans like it and think we look "intimidating" in them, as if the opposing team gives a shit about it.

I agree, though my second favorite is the white shirts, gold pants, black helmet

Finally!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that we are going to be changing up the uniform as well.

Think this is the worst along with white on white w/ black helmet. Actually, have we even done that?

the white on white's are FUGLY. yes we did them a couple of times last year. the only away bottoms i like are the black. the gold are okay but just look awkward. (excluding our use of them in the ACCCG in '06 of course)

the gold could be good. Just troll Notre Dame and fill it all in -Black WF, might be pretty cool.
I like the Matte if the logo stands out. If they go tone on tone, that wont work. Maybe they should bring back Nazt's 1976 Deac logo for the white....:couch:

Back