• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New helmets!

You don't change what you win with. Wake's most successful run, and I qualify that by saying Wake's most successful run...has been in these uniforms. We could build up a traditional look and not be cheesy and gimmicky. UGA, Bama, UVA, Texas, OU, USC, Nebraska, Arizona, UF, UCLA...they don't mess with their uniforms. They build tradition and keep building on top of it. This kind of mickey mouse stuff is for D-2 schools, idiot barns like Maryland, and Oregon, which prides itself on being weird.

Duke got new helmets last year. Matte Black Blue D. Maybe our kids wanted to mix. Brandon Ghee said about time wish they had them when he was here.

The players have been asking for the matte black one for awhile now, so I'm all for that one. I think the other two will look fine once they're completed and seen in person. All white will look good in my opinion.

KJ said they were white/gold flake not all white

the deacon head should be the size of the spartan on mich st's helmet

I just wanna know if new unis will be coming as well. I'd have to guess so... these would look HORRID with the current setup.

The gold ones COULD work. I'm not giving up on those yet. But the all white, I don't see why we have them.

the deacon head should be the size of the spartan on mich st's helmet

I don't know...I think the deacon head looks way too cartoonish and would look silly on the helmet.

That said, for some reason the huge deacon head photoshop from earlier in the thread that resembles Boise State's helmet actually looks good to me.

The only way I see the white helmet coming close to working is if it's a black WF on the white helmet with all white uniform...or MAYBE all black uniform, but that would look odd I think.

What color would the logo be on the white/gold helmet?....a black WF would make the helmet look way too "busy"....a gold WF would just be weird.

Going to be interesting to see the final results of these combos

Gold should have been good. Could have gone matte gold like this proposed one from Baylor:

2lue2wz.jpg

or metallic like ND:

23rlkhx.jpg

Black should look amazing like this one proposed from Baylor:

2bpkxl.jpg

and I'm generally not an all white guy, but Texas A&m did a great job with theirs:

1zb4h1t.jpg

Yeah I do like the all white Texas A and M. I like all white if the other color is maroon or crimson like Texas A and M or Alabama but something about all white with black just doesn't seem to work as well.

There are a couple of schools that look great in all whites. But when wearing all whites, the unis either look very good or terrible. Not much in between

If your colors are black and gold, all white is a sad waste.

If we can get the gold wf to look like the gold in that Baylor black helmet, we shouldn't wear anything else, simply amazing.

Completely agree with bern.

Matte black with shiny logo = sweetness
Oreong-black-helmet.jpg

Make this logo smaller and its also awesome
boise-state-black-helmet.jpg

OK so here is my pet peeve. Why don't these helmet manufactures make the upper strap clear so it does not cover the logos? I really hate seeing some of our players have a 4" black strip of chin strap going through the WF logo. Or just cut it off right after it exits the snap thing like this Boise one. Much larger things to worry about in life but for some reason this just irritates me.

are we the last school in the ACC that has not gone to a special helmet for certain games? has FSU or Clemson changed theirs ever? BC?

Back