• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Jersey

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
nj-cultural-map.jpg

I think ITK and I have talked about this before. Right on the edge of Farms & Army Bases and Alabama. It's true.

I worked at a a tool manufacturing plant right on the Eastern part of the "poor Minorities" and south of the " Hipsters (though poor minorities in the early 90s), and I would have to say that they are the richest "poor people" in America that I know. Little tiny houses, zero yards, 8 feet from their neighbor costing 300K+. PATH train to NYC keeps it rich.

Grew up in 'Happy White Families' but went to HS on the border of 'Worse Than Detroit' in Gloucester City. I can't really argue with any of this. Gotta love the Dirty Jerz!

LadyDeacToy is from right on the border of Executives Living in Mansions Driving Mercedes-Benzes and Middle Class Raritan Valley Line Commuters. Sounds about right. His parents are closer to middle/upper middle class, but there are definitely a ton of ridiculous houses nearby and a lot of his HS friends' families were very well off.

Executives living in houses priced liked mansions driving Mercedes-Benzes would be more accurate.

Executives living in houses priced liked mansions driving Mercedes-Benzes would be more accurate.

Depends on where in Morris County you're talking about: Morristown, Morris Plains, Morris Township, Parsippany, Randolph, Madison, Florham Park, East Hanover - you'll get the whole range. Then you move on to Harding, Bernardsville, Mendham, Chatham, Bedminster, New Vernon, Peapack Gladstone - ridiculous estates/mansions/homes...

I'm moving to 'Drunk Rutgers Students' next month - should be fun.

This is pretty much every state that has enough population to warrant more than 5-6 electoral votes.

We never had a Mercedes, but my brother moved to be around other old people.

I'm reminded of the old quip: why is it that although NJ only makes up 3% of the US population, 25% of the people you meet come from NJ?

Back