• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Jersey

Friendly white family here! Mom still there. Dad passed a few years back.

Grew up in Farms and Army Bases, then moved just into Pineys... Pineys Everywhere before middle school. Both sets of grandparents lived in Happy White Families. Strange towns given for reference on that map. When I was growing up, Leisuretown was just a retirement community that backed up to the development I lived in. And I moved to a town right near Chatsworth that used to laugh at them for being so far out in the sticks.

Depends on where in Morris County you're talking about: Morristown, Morris Plains, Morris Township, Parsippany, Randolph, Madison, Florham Park, East Hanover - you'll get the whole range. Then you move on to Harding, Bernardsville, Mendham, Chatham, Bedminster, New Vernon, Peapack Gladstone - ridiculous estates/mansions/homes...

Except Bernardsville, Bedminster, Peapack Gladstone are not in Morris County.

I am from Bankers & Businessmen.

Do these maps exist for other states?

I'm sure somebody has made similar ones in the past. I've seen them for Baltimore and DC before, but they probably won't click unless you've lived there or are extremely familiar with the entire area

DCStereoTypeMap.png

tumblr_md1ojvArXe1rrw14ro1_1280.jpg

I lived in NJ for 30 years and that map is really accurate. I grew up in the "lake houses" section. That description is probably about 20 years too old though, the vast majority of those lake houses have been converted into full-time homes.

I'm sure somebody has made similar ones in the past. I've seen them for Baltimore and DC before, but they probably won't click unless you've lived there or are extremely familiar with the entire area

DCStereoTypeMap.png

Murals and strip malls! Yep. Sounds about right.

A better map of New Jersey

armpit.jpg

Back