• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Order (A Tribute Thread)

Peter Hook IS that band. And more influential than Joy Division based on longevity and evolution alone.

Here's a good one from their JD days...

In general, Dwarves were still ashamed to show themselves in public in the 80s. It was also when I finally realized 'the incident' was not my fault, and shed my guilt and shame to live a normal life. A new beginning.

For those interested their sound changed from Joy Division to New Order, check out the John Peel Session album. It is half Joy Division sounding songs, half New Order songs.

Here is 5-8-6

Joy Division >> New Order. No, I don't hate New Order ...

Joy Division >> New Order. No, I don't hate New Order ...

No. You just don't understand New Order. Don't get me wrong. Joy Division wrote maybe the best song of the decade. But New Order wrote a top 15 (Blue Monday), influenced the entire electronica movement, created a new type of pop song, is a giant of the underrated new wave and is just fucking great. Low-life. Just listen to that album if you are new to the band.

Back