• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New UVA logos

Uva did also give us this.
richmond_horse001b.jpg

I've long expected the Banana Spilts as halftime entertainment of UVA games.

Not going to lie, by the end of their run I started to like that logo on our football jersey sleeves - it definitely grew on me

The fact that Wake paid a marketing firm mad cash to copy the chapel window panes (which in turn are a common pattern in churches and homes across the country) is so laughable. And it's such a bad logo. Nobody can get "Wake Forest" from that mess at a glance.

Looks like the eye of the storm in Carolina Hurricanes logo.
Yeah, the Hurricanes logo was my first thought, too.

Add it to the long list of examples that designers nowadays suck at their jobs.

The fact that Wake paid a marketing firm mad cash to copy the chapel window panes (which in turn are a common pattern in churches and homes across the country) is so laughable. And it's such a bad logo. Nobody can get "Wake Forest" from that mess at a glance.

Reminiscent of when NBC paid 6 figures for a new logo - one that turned out to be identical to the Nebraska Public Broadcasting logo that had cost it the grand sum of $100 for design.

The only thing that marketing design firms are good at is marketing themselves to gullible companies.

Make it a design class project. Get better results.

The only thing that marketing design firms are good at is marketing themselves to gullible companies.

Yeah, it takes two to make a bad logo. The bad ad agency, and the bad client who agreed to it. Several people looked at this and said, "this is good."

this is still the worst Wake logo

8gfofheeh6497gu196mibv3a8.png

Yeah it's pretty bad. Like a Chinese knockoff plastic cup that wasn't licensed by the school. But turns out a cheap Chinese knockoff would probably look better.

Back