• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

News and Observer's Luke DeCock talks about Bzzz

Get used to my voice of reason. It will be here to dispel the delusions of groupthink whenever they rise. It's like the Stanford Prison Experiment around here.

Thanks, but I didn't need anyone else to make me realize that Bz fucking sucks as a head coach.

We most likely lose to GT anyway.

Disagree. We beat them by 10 before and with 7 actual players probably would have beaten them again. Maybe would agree if they weren't stuck in Phillips arena with zero fan support all year.

But at worst it'd be a coin toss, which is the entire point. I know you'd never miss an opportunity to denigrate Wake Forest though, so congrats on finding yet another way to do so.

Disagree. We beat them by 10 before and with 7 actual players probably would have beaten them again. Maybe would agree if they weren't stuck in Phillips arena with zero fan support all year.

But at worst it'd be a coin toss, which is the entire point. I know you'd never miss an opportunity to denigrate Wake Forest though, so congrats on finding yet another way to do so.

Has nothing to do with denigrating the team. We were ranked behind GT in kenpom and we were playing them on the road. Therefore, the odds were against us winning with or without Ty Walker. We were underdogs in that game with or without Ty Walker, who frankly wasn't a loss that was going to significantly move the line anyway.

OK, now back to your regularly scheduled DCDeaclogic.

Last edited:
I also don't think we would have beaten Ga Tech in Atlanta with Ty. We never win in Atlanta.

Lol at this article. Everyone knows the bottom hadn't fallen out before Dino left. Yes, the assault charge occurred but it appeared she was Lilly making it up and no charges were filed. It's not like that was public info during the coaching search. I want our program to succeed as much as anyone, but I will not look at Bz as some sort of savior that came in when no one else would.

In 2010, Wake was coming off a second round NCAA appearance, a top 15 recruiting class coming in and a fan base that still supported the team. We are hardly in shambles. Ari hadnt checked out. Tabb hadn't committed that crime. JTT hadn't gotten a DUI. Etc, etc, etc. It was an attractive job, certainly More so than Clemson and BC, yet I'd argue both got better coaches.

I'm firmly Bz out because I am convinced it was a crony hire, but I sincerely hope he will turn this ship around next year. We can't have 3 seasons of losing basketball and not expect to see some sustainable damage long term to our program.

Lol at this article. Everyone knows the bottom hadn't fallen out before Dino left. Yes, the assault charge occurred but it appeared she was Lilly making it up and no charges were filed. It's not like that was public info during the coaching search. I want our program to succeed as much as anyone, but I will not look at Bz as some sort of savior that came in when no one else would.

In 2010, Wake was coming off a second round NCAA appearance, a top 15 recruiting class coming in and a fan base that still supported the team. We are hardly in shambles. Ari hadnt checked out. Tabb hadn't committed that crime. JTT hadn't gotten a DUI. Etc, etc, etc. It was an attractive job, certainly More so than Clemson and BC, yet I'd argue both got better coaches.

I'm firmly Bz out because I am convinced it was a crony hire, but I sincerely hope he will turn this ship around next year. We can't have 3 seasons of losing basketball and not expect to see some sustainable damage long term to our program.
Very good take on all this. I think every single Wake fan wants Buzz to succeed because it means Wake succeeds. But we can not sustain another awful year next year. Most of the time, when a team depends on mostly freshmen, it loses a lot of games. Highly ranked or not, I am hardly convinced that this class is going to result in drastically improved results next year.

Very good take on all this. I think every single Wake fan wants Buzz to succeed because it means Wake succeeds. But we can not sustain another awful year next year. Most of the time, when a team depends on mostly freshmen, it loses a lot of games. Highly ranked or not, I am hardly convinced that this class is going to result in drastically improved results next year.

Drastically improved results would be keeping it to single digits and being somewhat entertaining. I think we can pull that off if CMM is as good as advertised.

This is my take too. It's a good class but it's a lot to ask for them to be a fab five type supergroup that is going to turn things around in a single season. I do think we'll play better than the past two seasons but I'm not sure it will make a major change in the win/loss column.

Drastically improved results would be keeping it to single digits and being somewhat entertaining. I think we can pull that off if CMM is as good as advertised.
True. Also depends on if Buzz can coach them in a way that will lead to improvement over the course of the season. We can post funny pictures and say buzz out all we want (and believe me, Buzz the fuck out) but fact is it looks like we are stuck with him for one more year at least.

God loves everyone and we all have a purpose in his plan. We are not capable of understanding his works.

I just realized god wanted bzz to to have a career losing record. He must see something in bzz we don't.

I'd wager we are stuck with him for at least 2 more seasons. Wellman will give him next year and the season after to coach his players and view the results before he's canned. I think he's safe even if we are worse next year than this year. I don't know if we improved this year or we were a product of a down conference.

I'd wager we are stuck with him for at least 2 more seasons. Wellman will give him next year and the season after to coach his players and view the results before he's canned. I think he's safe even if we are worse next year than this year. I don't know if we improved this year or we were a product of a down conference.

So unfair. Colorado only had to deal with his ass for three years.

Back