• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NEXT QUESTION

I predict that Bz gets promoted to something like Assistant Athletic Director for Media and Alumni Relations.

Minister of Culture.

Based on the comments section of the latest MTOW, it appears that the next OG&B is going to hit Wellman/Bz

Do you think Captain Buzzkill goes to bed asking himself every night "How do I reeeach these kids"

The answer is no. Captain Buzzkill is the worst parody of Jay Cutler ever...

I get the vitriol for Bz and I would be the last one to defend him but what the hell is McKie's problem?

Isn't he an upperlassman and leader? Why isn't he getting the guys to play harder? That's what leaders do.

I don't think this team has leadership from players and that's part of the problem.

CJ cares very much about the team, but his personality does not lend itself to being a leader (other than the quiet, by-example type). There is no other viable candidate for upperclassman leader on this team.

I get the vitriol for Bz and I would be the last one to defend him but what the hell is McKie's problem?

Isn't he an upperlassman and leader? Why isn't he getting the guys to play harder? That's what leaders do.

I don't think this team has leadership from players and that's part of the problem.

mckie's problem is that he should have transferred last summer. i like the kid and would have been sorry to see him go but he would have been happier and a much better player getting away from bzz.

Some guys want to be vocal leaders, some guys just want to play and be a good player. I think McKie really wants to not be the focal leader on the team. He forces himself into doing bad things as opposed to just letting the game come to him when he decides he has to be that player. He seems to be a little reserved and quiet, which is fine except he's going to be forced into a role he's not comfortable as the only senior next year. I really wish we had another upperclassmen or two to allow McKie to just play next year versus being the "senior leader".

Well McKie came in a large class so he wasn't expecting to be the lone junior or lone senior leader.

mckie's problem is that he should have transferred last summer. i like the kid and would have been sorry to see him go but he would have been happier and a much better player getting away from bzz.

Happier, probably. Much better player? Doubtful.

It seemed to me that Codi assumed that leader role on a couple of occasions, and we did well when he did. More often he seemed to defer to CJ's leadership as I assume he felt was his primary role as a freshman. I think he can/will be a very good player for us in years to come. However, his body language lately and some saying his lack of respect for our coach are major difficulties. Has his attitude changed during the year? If Bzz has lost the team, it's an additional major problem.

I sit right accross from the Wake bench, Thoughts that Bzz has lost the team are greatly exagerated, players are involved and respectful of the staff in communications during the games. Maryland was massively larger than us and frankly they wore us down, you try pushing a guy around that outweighs you by 40 pounds for 30 minutes and see how much energy you have at the end of a game.

But we could have fouled them all out before they wore us down!

Very poor coaching not to keep taking it to the hoop. :(

Maryland bench was complaining about the foul discrepancy and the officials swallowed their whistles, I think only 1-2 fouls called on terps after 10 minute mark in half. Could not get to basket because of all the holding but no calls.

But we could have fouled them all out before they wore us down!

Very poor coaching not to keep taking it to the hoop. :(

I don't disagree - also, with Turgeon's smart move to go ballistic on the refs: almost, but no 'T' , - as we were getting about all the calls, no-calls, etc., from my TV view. I don't remember seeing such an advantage for us. (still didn't get a lead) Then the calls, no-call had a more Maryland flavor. It was a factor along with others mentioned. Brilliant move by the Maryland coach. One we should consider more often. Happens at Duke much of the time when needed. Again, not saying the refs cost us the game, calls leveled out likely in our favor, but it was one of the interesting factors.

Again, this should be the final straw in a long line of final straws for [Redacted]. Basically the man was asked a question to which the answer was obvious and he acted like it was a cheap shot against him and got offended. Good for Dan for bypassing Bzzz and asking Mckie the same question and props for Mckie for telling it like it was. I don't think I've ever come across a coach that refuses blame for anything to the extent [Redacted] does. He acted offended because he knows if the effort of his team is questioned it reflects badly on him. Contrast that with Frank Martin after their game vs. LSU earlier this season:

“Don’t know what to tell you,” he said. “Same players, same coach, same team. Ever since the Florida game, we’ve been fighting a losing battle because the desire to play is not there. I’ve always taken pride to get guys to do what I ask them to do, and right now, that’s not happening. They didn’t bring me here to create a bigger problem. They brought me here to fix a problem and I’m not doing a very good job of that right now.”

Of course in Wellman's mind and [Redacted]'s mind I guess [Redacted] is fixing the culture problem he was brought here to fix, unfortunately winning must not be part of the culture Wellman envisions.

Fuck everything

nojWx.gif

This LOL! Can someone please film themselves crying real tears about Buzz and post please?

I've seen McKie get in guy's faces and try to motivate them. There are guys who are performing far worse on a regular basis.

Back