• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next year’s football team

Competition for College Gameday in week 4 is not too bad

https://fbschedules.com/college-football-schedule/

Wisconsin at Ohio State
Arkansas-Texas A&M(in Dallas)
Baylor at Iowa State

Fairly weak slate games. If either Ohio State or Wisconsin lose early I'd love our chances assuming both Wake and Clemson are undefeated which both should be. Arkansas-A&M could be an option but I can see them not wanting to do a neutral site. Not sure Iowa State will be very good next year, they lose a lot.

ESPN has done Gameday from Cowboy Stadium several times. But yeah, we have an edge if Clemson and Wake both start top 10 and come into the game 3-0, there's a decent chance.

And Clemson will likely receive top billing in the local W-S Journal paper AGAIN for their GameDay appearance at Wake Forest. Mark it down.

ESPN has done Gameday from Cowboy Stadium several times. But yeah, we have an edge if Clemson and Wake both start top 10 and come into the game 3-0, there's a decent chance.

Honestly, would it even be a good look for us? You know that every Clemson fan with a vehicle in good enough shape to make that drive would be there for Gameday and make it look like it was at Clemson.

Honestly, would it even be a good look for us? You know that every Clemson fan with a vehicle in good enough shape to make that drive would be there for Gameday and make it look like it was at Clemson.

You’re asking if it would be good for our football program to host the most popular television program in college sports? Are you one of those “I hope we’re not ranked for motivation” people?

It’s Liberty. Fuuuuuuck them.

It appears that the Army weekend coincides with the furniture mart in High point. Rooms are already scarce in Winston and close to $1000 per night. Likely the reason Homecoming is so early.

Just ordered my football tickets for this season. Had to call the ticket office because I am upgrading my seats to the tower.

Anyhow, ticket office said 4 games are already close to being sold out. Said that they are getting people who have never been season ticket holders before. I asked if it was just Clemson fans. He said, "no".

Amazing what being a pre-season top 15 team will get you! GO DEACS!!!

Just ordered my football tickets for this season. Had to call the ticket office because I am upgrading my seats to the tower.

Anyhow, ticket office said 4 games are already close to being sold out. Said that they are getting people who have never been season ticket holders before. I asked if it was just Clemson fans. He said, "no".

Amazing what being a pre-season top 15 team will get you! GO DEACS!!!

Next season will be my first year as a season ticket holder. Mainly because it’ll be my first time back living in Winston with money lol

Clawson got the mantra "Good to Great" from the title of a book by Jim Collins. His latest book is "Built to Last". Kinda like it. Not a one year miracle. A winning program...consistant contender.

Looks like he has a book called How the Mighty Fall. I hope that's talking about Clemson.

Clawson got the mantra "Good to Great" from the title of a book by Jim Collins. His latest book is "Built to Last". Kinda like it. Not a one year miracle. A winning program...consistant contender.

Both Coach K and George Welsh seemed to get over that hump. It's almost like once you do get over that hump, you just do. I think that might apply to Clawson. Time will tell.

Umm guys, we just hired a new Asst. Coach/ LB Coach. Glenn Spencer. He was DC at South Florida the last 2 years. Prior to that he was DC at Oklahoma State, Charlotte and FAU.

I guess changes are being made.

So he was DC at Ok St for 4 years then let go. Then he was Lambert's Coordinator at Charlotte, and left when Lambert was let go. He was Kiffin's coordinator at FAU, and the player's wanted him to be the next Head Coach. He was then hired at USF and was let go after this past season for having a bottom 10 defense. He was coaching LB's from 2009-2020 and this past season he was the safety's coach as well as DC.

Looks like it: https://engineering.wfu.edu/

As not an engineer, I like the idea as a foundation -- I'm sure they can start branching off into more programs if it's successful. Looks like a fair number of people in the 2021 class on the website. Unlike in 2008, when apetit was the ONLY person to graduate with a major or minor in Statistics. Probably why all his message board posts are so good.

BIG NEWS: New Department of Statistics

Today I am writing to you to let you know that we are at an historic moment for our department. Based on our vision for a strong future for STEM in general and quantitative sciences in particular at WFU, we are pleased to announce a newly formed Department of Statistical Sciences, which will branch off from [the Math] department on July 1, 2022.

also the SP+ ratings are out for next year and shockingly they hate us

Clawson's press conference from this weekend. Glad the official AD youtube got the video up in high def, not sure why it took three days.

Confirms the scholly crunch and that we are not recruiting transfers at this point as a result.

Also confirmed the CBS transfer story.

Fall break was pushed back a week. As a result, students will now be on campus for the Army game. The current fall break is during our bye. Good news.

Back