• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year

you mean the home court that helped the deacs pound liberty?

i'm just giving you grief. i'm glad someone still has faith in this team.

This year? You think we're going to be .500 or better for the rest of the season?

That’d be 4-6 or 5-5.

5-5 may be optimistic, but I don’t think it is crazy talk.

Schedule isn’t easy, but it is easier. And I don’t think the team has quit.

Not at all. You guys are really underestimating home court advantage. And we're not terrible.

You are delusional----Home Court- this year means nothing--GA. SOUTHERN, LIBERTY ,Every ACC team with exception of Syracuse

Lol, I'm considered one of the most negative fans on here. OK, we can bump this thread at the end of the season. We'll finish with at least 4 ACC wins (yay!), most likely 5 (yay!).

Wes Miller now has 11 more career wins than Danny Manning. You idiots said my guy wasn’t experienced enough.

Wes Miller now has 11 more career wins than Danny Manning. You idiots said my guy wasn’t experienced enough.

And my middle school coach has three times as many career wins as the two of them combined. :woot:

Yep, it's equally difficult to win in the SoCon and ACC...how about those four years in the second division of the SoCon???

Yep, it's equally difficult to win in the SoCon and ACC...how about those four years in the second division of the SoCon???

What the hell is the 2nd division of the So Con? You keep bringing that up. You didn’t want Miller and you lost with Manning. Move on and fix it.

Come on man...in a conference of 10 teams, if you come in 6th (or a tie for 5th) you are in the second division of that conference. You are behind as many or more teams than you are ahead of at the end of the season.

Come on man...in a conference of 10 teams, if you come in 6th (or a tie for 5th) you are in the second division of that conference. You are behind as many or more teams than you are ahead of at the end of the season.

Miller is working on his 3rd title. You’ve had boxers in operation longer than he’s been alive. That’s fine. I get it. You think Wellman is smart and I’m not. Raise your hand when you are ready to say uncle. In the meantime, we’ll assume you continue to think Manning is better than Miller for the Wake job now.

It can be argued that it is much harder to win with a team from the SoCon. At UNCG you will get UNCG recruits. At an ACC school you have the ability to land most any recruit in the country.
When UNCG is playing in conference it is on on equal footing with its opponents but when playing out of conference, it will be often out manned. Quite the opposite if you coach at an ACC school. You will be on equal footing while playing in conference but many of your out of conference games should be gimmes.

Your argument holds no water, good sir.

Miller is working on his 3rd title. You’ve had boxers in operation longer than he’s been alive. That’s fine. I get it. You think Wellman is smart and I’m not. Raise your hand when you are ready to say uncle. In the meantime, we’ll assume you continue to think Manning is better than Miller for the Wake job now.

I do not think Wellman is smart. I've called for him to fired many times. But don't let little things like the facts get in your way.

For the 8th straight year Wake Forest basketball will finish 10th or worst in the ACC. 8 effing years in the bottom of the bottom half of the ACC.
After GDO and Skip, including his down year, there was never a doubt we’d be great again. If being good again next year means finishing 6th or higher I doubt many of us would make that wager.
With the exception of UL everyone in the ACC will be better. If we come in at 12 this year I’d love to know the 6 teams we’ll jump next year to get to 6.

What titles does Wes have? A regular season 3 way tie? Does SoCon recognize regular season champions? Surely you aren’t calling a 10-8 record in the weaker division a title.

So now we have a fan saying it’s harder to win at uncg than Wake? Good Lord.

So now we have a fan saying it’s harder to win at uncg than Wake? Good Lord.

Pretty obvious that it is. There is nothing keeping you from being a contender at Wake. It is virtually impossible at a place like UNCG.

Pretty obvious that it is. There is nothing keeping you from being a contender at Wake. It is virtually impossible at a place like UNCG.

Dude, just stop. It is not and never will be harder to win in the SOCON as UNCG than any team in the ACC. If Miller is actually the second coming of Coach K, he can coach up a group of "uncg recruits" to a conference "title" every single year. Just stop.

Unless you're talking about contender for a national championship?? Which is true but also irrelevant to the topic of having 11 more wins in his career.

It's harder to win at wake in the ACC than it is to win at the G in the Southern Conference. Now that all the good teams have left the Southern Conference is pretty much a trash conference in basketball. Western Carolina is above 500 in the conference sporting at 267 sagarin rating

When you are talking about winning your own conference, which we are, what makes it virtually impossible to win at UNCG?

Being compared to UNCG... OMG how we have fallen...

Back