• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next year's Football expectations...

Guess the two-deep:

Code:
QB	Tanner Price	Kevin Sousa
RB	Josh Harris	Orville Reynolds
FB	Tommy Bohanon	Ben Emert
WR	Chris Givens	Sherman Ragland
WR	Mike Campanaro	Lovell Jackson
WR	Terence Davis	Matt James
TE	Zach Gordon	Jonny Garcia
LT	Steven Chase	Hunter Goodwin	
LG	Dylan Heartsill	Antonio Ford	
OC	G.Williams	Chance Raines	
RG	Colin Summers	Dylan Intemann
RT	Cody Preble	Daniel Blitch

DE	Zach Thompson	Kris Redding
DT	Nikita Whitlock	Frank Souza
DE	Desmond Floyd	Daniel Vogelsang
OLB	Joey Ehrmann	Derricus Ellis
ILB	Justin Jackson	Scott Betros
ILB	Mike Olson	Riley Haynes
OLB	Zach Allen	Josh Hunt
CB	Bud Noel	AJ Marshall
FS	Daniel Mack	Kenny Okoro	
SS	Duran Lowe	Desmond Cooper
CB	Kevin Johnson	Dominique Tate

the OL is the key. With Lobo in charge, I see little reason to be optimistic. He had a senior laden line and they could not get a yd most times on third down. Not very good run blocking. OK on pass protection. But the new excuse will be they are young. I agree with the poster who said if they are good why were they not on the field this year. Heaven knows we needed them. Anything beyond 6 -6 will be icing on the cake. If we play like we did Saturday, 6 - 6 will be a stretch.

i think we have the ability to get 8-4 but it will depend on Harris, especially if Givens leaves early. we are going to be short of rb depth again.

i think 7-5

Are people sure Givens is coming back? His stock cannot get any higher.

Guess the two-deep:

Code:
LG	Dylan Heartsill	[B]Antonio Ford[/B]	

OLB	Zach Allen	Josh Hunt
CB	Bud Noel	AJ Marshall

If Ford is still a back-up next season, it's really going to piss me off that he's not playing D-tackle beside Nikita in the 4-3.

O-Line...Big and talented but unproven; Key to Wake's season

What say ye...

I say that given this, we're fucked. For all the crap that Lobo has taken on the boards as an OC, he's 10 times worse as a line coach. Horrid. Putrid. Flat out sucks.

I'd keep Lobo as OC if we would fire him as OL coach.

Guess the two-deep:

Code:
LG	Dylan Heartsill	Antonio Ford	

OLB	Zach Allen	Josh Hunt
CB	Bud Noel	AJ Marshall

Almost positive that Chance Raines is graduating this year. Definitely agree that we move Kenny to safety, and think that he may get the nod over one of the other guys, that's just a guess on my part though.

I think by the end of the year Hunt could surpass Ehrmann as the starter too.

If Ford is still a back-up next season, it's really going to piss me off that he's not playing D-tackle beside Nikita in the 4-3.

He should get a lot of run next year even if he doesn't start. Summers seems like a cinch to start and I've heard some very good things about Heartsill (assuming he can get healthy)

I say that given this, we're fucked. For all the crap that Lobo has taken on the boards as an OC, he's 10 times worse as a line coach. Horrid. Putrid. Flat out sucks.

I'd keep Lobo as OC if we would fire him as OL coach.

This.

Almost positive that Chance Raines is graduating this year. Definitely agree that we move Kenny to safety, and think that he may get the nod over one of the other guys, that's just a guess on my part though.

I think by the end of the year Hunt could surpass Ehrmann as the starter too.

Raines is listed as a senior, but has a year of eligibility left, so he could conceivably return -- especially since I could see him starting, at least early in the season.

Hope you are right about Hunt. I think he and Chubb will get snaps on D.

FSU is returning a ton -- maybe there'll be some early entry guys but 17 of their 22 starters Saturday were non-seniors. They should be the runaway favorite, esp getting Clemson and Wake at home. That being said, they do have to go to VT, Miami (know they haven't had much trouble beating them of late) and NC State, so who knows.

Clemson has followed up two solid years in '07 and '09 with Tommy getting fired in '08 and a sub-.500 season last year. I could see something similar next year, esp with how they, and particularly Boyd, are playing down the stretch. People will have a better understanding of their O in Morris' second year, and they are losing a decent amount, including 4 OL starters (same for us and VT). Have to go to Wake and FSU and host VT and GT, who they rarely beat. Not easy.

One of the more interesting elements with us will be how our schedule works out. Army is apparently slated for Sept 22 and @ Notre Dame and vs Vandy are our last 2 games of the year, so there should be a lot of conference games very early on. Very interested to see what it looks like in give or take 2 months

FSU is returning a ton -- maybe there'll be some early entry guys but 17 of their 22 starters Saturday were non-seniors. They should be the runaway favorite, esp getting Clemson and Wake at home. That being said, they do have to go to VT, Miami (know they haven't had much trouble beating them of late) and NC State, so who knows.

Clemson has followed up two solid years in '07 and '09 with Tommy getting fired in '08 and a sub-.500 season last year. I could see something similar next year, esp with how they, and particularly Boyd, are playing down the stretch. People will have a better understanding of their O in Morris' second year. Have to go to Wake and FSU and host VT and GT, who they rarely beat. Not easy.

One of the more interesting elements with us will be how our schedule works out. Army is apparently slated for Sept 22 and @ Notre Dame and vs Vandy are our last 2 games of the year, so there should be a lot of conference games very early on. Very interested to see what it looks like in give or take 2 months

That's assuming Morris is still there next year.

Heard his name for Ohio State.

Please please please. Lose him and they'll be shit

Wins: Liberty, Army, BC, Duke, UNC, UVA, MD, Vandy

L's: ND, FSU

Split these two Clemson and NCSU.

I will not be able to make a good prediction until I see our team next summer.

Wins: Liberty, Army, BC, Duke, UNC, UVA, MD, Vandy

L's: ND, FSU

Split these two Clemson and NCSU.

Thinks this is the ideal scenario. UVa has more seniors than I realized -- 10 out of their 22 starters. Hopefully we play them early on

Back