• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Conference Championships Thread

Could the Falcons be back? Sure. However, there is no possible way they are a better team next year than they were this year.

Schedule will be significantly harder, less likely to win as many close games, and other teams in the division will all be better. And this doesn't even take into account that Tony G will be gone and Michael Turner is pretty much just a corpse in pads.

I'll set the O/U for them on wins next year at 10.

The Saints apparently have cap issues. And the Bucs and Panthers have talent issues. I still see Atlanta winning that division, though I think you're right - with about 10-11 wins.

10-11 wins is still playoffs, plus I suspect Dimitroff will work his magic.

The first shoe to drop is TG. If he's gone, then I suspect 10 wins is about right. IF he comes back, they could again compete for a 1-3 seed easily.

This years schedule was supposed to be really hard but it turned out it wasn't, we'll see what happens in the offseason.

Losing Turner is a gain for them. The Linebackers/DEs are a big/huge question mark. But I'd rather be in the Falcons position than about 26 other teams.

I'd certainly rather be in Atlanta's position than anyone else in their division. Jerry Richardson and their former GM messed that roster and cap up but good. I still think they're a couple of years from getting that roster turned around - no matter how good Cam is. Then they'll fire Rivera and start over after they miss the playoffs next year. I like Charlotte, but I see Jerry Richardson flailing in the wind trying desperate things to win now, and their roster decisions have been bad. Tampa is publicly in the process of deciding whether Freeman is worth signing long term, which could make it harder to sign him long term after next year. Add another mediocre roster to their list of problems. And the Saints are in cap jail. I don't see Atlanta as being elite, but they should still win that division.

Most of the rest of the NFC has issues too. Chicago has a questionable coaching change, no OL and no longer has the DC they wanted to keep. GB has no line of scrimmage on either side of the ball. Jerruh Jones is flailing in the wind worse than Jerry Richardson. In Washington, RG3 is prolly pupping to start out, and they have a lot of roster holes and few draft picks. The Giants have secondary and linebacking problems, and that offense isn't clicking like it should. The teams that should be in scary good shape are going to be San Fran and Seattle, especially if DCs around the league don't figure out the read option and pistol.

Mike Smith has been a pretty terrible postseason coach thus far. I would think another early exit leads to grumblings in ATL.

Panthers have more young talent than most people realize. Certainly lacking in several positions, and have too much $ tied up in some bad contracts though.

Well, the falcons were one turf monster from the super bowl, so they are not that far off. Tony G will be sorely missed. Really hope he comes back for one more. Falcons get Grimes back to help in the secondary and Moore + DeCoud are getting better and better. Just need D line help. Julio is going to be a beast next year. Still feel like 10 wins is where they will be based on the fact that they only seem to have on half of football in them plus one final drive.

Well, the falcons were one turf monster from the super bowl, so they are not that far off. Tony G will be sorely missed. Really hope he comes back for one more. Falcons get Grimes back to help in the secondary and Moore + DeCoud are getting better and better. Just need D line help. Julio is going to be a beast next year. Still feel like 10 wins is where they will be based on the fact that they only seem to have on half of football in them plus one final drive.

Julio has been a monster. I will eat crow in saying they gave up too much for him. Just butt hurt the Panthers have no similar draft trade successes.

The Panthers and Bucs are enigmas. Sometimes I feel like they are rising and other times they feel extremely mediocre.

San Fran and Seattle are riding high but I suspect the NFL is going to adjust to this Pistol bullshit.

Mike Smith cannot afford to lose another home playoff game, for sure. Would be nice for Ryan to have a turnover free playoff game too.

IF the Falcons lose out on Tony (likely) and don't get either the ND/Stanford TEs drafted (also likely), they are really gonna have to find a defensive playmaker.

Back