• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL considering taunting rule change

The NFL is the fucking worst. Good God. What an awful idea

I would penalize the absence of taunting. It's supposed to be a game.

Doesn't college already have this rule? AIR, it was a huge deal when it came out, but it's never an issue now because... people would rather have their TDs actually count than mess it up by taunting first.

Here's why the Golden Tate play was awesome:

1) He taunted them in a hilarious way and almost got caught, which was highly entertaining

2) If he had gotten caught and pushed out of bounds, then it would've been even MORE entertaining because we could laugh at Tate for pulling a Leon Lett

Why does the NFL want to make their games less entertaining?

Here's why the Golden Tate play was awesome:

1) He taunted them in a hilarious way and almost got caught, which was highly entertaining

2) If he had gotten caught and pushed out of bounds, then it would've been even MORE entertaining because we could laugh at Tate for pulling a Leon Lett

Why does the NFL want to make their games less entertaining?

Forgot to add that Janoris Jenkins seems to be a gigantic twat deserving of getting taunted.

What's the current rule on offensive unsportsmanlike conduct penalties that occur behind where the ball finishes? I thought the rule was the enforce from the spot of the foul, is that not the rule?

How about taunting on changes of possession? Take those back too? Seems fair if they're taking away TDs.

How about taunting on changes of possession? Take those back too? Seems fair if they're taking away TDs.

If the taunting somehow occurs before the change of possession, then sure. It's all about when the penalty takes place IMO.

Tate was a dickhead. But you can't take away a score.

That said, the solution is: team called for taunting has to kick from the 20 yard line. Or 15. That will take care of it. You can still taunt and act like an asshole all you want, you're just going to put your team in a hole. But you get to keep your points.

Yeah I know the taunting rule, I just thought if there was a personal foul behind the play that was not unsportsmanlike conduct that it was 15 yards from the spot of the foul and that unsportsmanlike conduct penalties were just always assessed at the end of the play regardless of when they occurred.

From the b/r link:

Should a taunting penalty negate a touchdown?
Yes 49.0%
No 51.0%
Total votes: 4,040

Surprised it's that close

I would prefer them to go the other way with it. Allow the taunting, but personal foul penalties are thereafter waived by and inapplicable to protect the taunting player for the remainder of the game.

From the b/r link:

Should a taunting penalty negate a touchdown?
Yes 49.0%
No 51.0%
Total votes: 4,040

Surprised it's that close

meh, it's Bleacher Report. their readership is a small step above PFTCommenter

I would prefer them to go the other way with it. Allow the taunting, but personal foul penalties are thereafter waived by and inapplicable to protect the taunting player for the remainder of the game.

Or the "so you want to be dick about it?" rule.

The image of NFL officials as WWE refs is hilarious.

Back