• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL considering taunting rule change

While I agree the league has pussified itself (whole month of wearing pink; frown at a QB and get fined; relying on rules to protect players), the problem with permitting taunting and the like is that it can and will lead to retaliation. It won't be retaliation of the pussy kind like baseball with pitchers hitting random guys just because someone hit a homer off them- in football, it'll be some kind of personal-foul retaliation and teams will start putting NHL-like goons in the game to take someone out. And I'd love to see the reaction of everyone who's railing against a rule change on this if a Tar Heel player pulled this shit in Groves.

Yeah, because it's been such a problem for the last 80 years of football history. I mean, it's not as if those opposing teams are blowing kisses to each other during a play or between plays when they're talking shit.

Back