• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

I don't expect Cousins to go to Minny, but they are in a very weird spot w/ Bradford, Bridgewater, and Keenum. Bradford is injury prone, Bridgewater is a complete mystery after his injury and two year absence, and Keenum hasn't ever been a guy you want to commit to as your franchise QB.

Maybe should just roll with Teddy on the cheap. I wouldn't blame their coaches if they're confident in their abilities to coach him up as a former 1st round pick that's shown some promise after what they just did with Keenum.

Will be a different OC doe

I don't expect Cousins to go to Minny, but they are in a very weird spot w/ Bradford, Bridgewater, and Keenum. Bradford is injury prone, Bridgewater is a complete mystery after his injury and two year absence, and Keenum hasn't ever been a guy you want to commit to as your franchise QB.

Supposedly Bridgewater was playing well in practice the last few weeks. DBs were saying his throws were embarrassing them. Supposedly he was putting the ball where only the receiver could get it.

I don't get this at all. What's Keenum's contract status? If he's done after this year, that's one thing. But if they have him through at least next year, he's proven himself capable enough to retain the starting job while they figure out Bridgewater's long term status. Add a QB in one of the mid-rounds of the draft and try to catch lightning in a bottle just in case. Boom - done.

I don't get this at all. What's Keenum's contract status? If he's done after this year, that's one thing. But if they have him through at least next year, he's proven himself capable enough to retain the starting job while they figure out Bridgewater's long term status. Add a QB in one of the mid-rounds of the draft and try to catch lightning in a bottle just in case. Boom - done.

They are ALL unrestricted free agents. Which is why it is such a weird position to be in.

Do you sign Keenum for a lot more money? I probably don't. I assume they'll go w/ Bridgewater on a smaller deal. He may have been playing great in practice, but he threw an interception on his first pass in almost 2 seasons... Wasn't good optics.

How much more money would it be? Is there a large market for Keenum?

How much more money would it be? Is there a large market for Keenum?

Not sure.

He made $2mil last year... One site I look at (Spotrac) says his market value is close to $21mil. I doubt it is that high, but it's a shitload more than $2mil. Of course, Bradford made $18mil last year that they don't have on the books anymore, so that helps. His projection is $23mil.

So Bridgewater will be the cheapest option. I suspect they'll go that route and try to sign a capable backup while Bradford/Keenum try to cash in somewhere else.

Who's gonna pay keenum that much?

Seems like a browns move

I highly doubt anyone pays Keenum THAT much, but he's going to get a lot more than $2mil... I'd guess at least $10mil. Bridgewater should cost much less.

There are a few teams that need a QB and aren't high enough in the draft to get one... There is only one Cousins.

How many of those 40+ yard TD passes were 5 yard dump offs that Tyreek Hill or Kareem Hunt took to the house? I remember multiple examples in the New England game alone. That stat you cite doesnt say anything about the actual throws traveling 40+ yards in the air.

Pretty sure the stat is saying exactly that, while I guess it doesn't specify. That's what they were talking about in the pro bowl as well.

They are ALL unrestricted free agents. Which is why it is such a weird position to be in.

Do you sign Keenum for a lot more money? I probably don't. I assume they'll go w/ Bridgewater on a smaller deal. He may have been playing great in practice, but he threw an interception on his first pass in almost 2 seasons... Wasn't good optics.

That's crazy. Seems like poor planning to align all of your QB contracts that way, but I'm no expert.

Still, I'd toss a mid-level offer at Keenum to maintain stability - that defense is good enough that Minnesota can Dilfer their way into regular success. If he declines thinking he'll get a better deal from the Jets or someone else, good for him.

Is cousins actually good?

In my book he is definitely better than a bunch of guys who are currently starting in the NFL.
I would not put him in top 5 QB's, but would put him in top 15. He might make top 10 with the right coach and supporting cast.

That's crazy. Seems like poor planning to align all of your QB contracts that way, but I'm no expert.

Still, I'd toss a mid-level offer at Keenum to maintain stability - that defense is good enough that Minnesota can Dilfer their way into regular success. If he declines thinking he'll get a better deal from the Jets or someone else, good for him.

It would hav been much crazier to sign Bradford and Keenum to long term deals.

Pederson and Schwartz absolutely smoking Belichick and Co.

Back