• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

Good move to get rid of Reese too. He hasn't helped the offense much outside of bringing in OBJ in the last several years.

Kamara might end up as RotY. If Ingram didn't exist, I think it would be certain.

Will be interesting to see how the voters treat Deshaun Watson. Realize he only played in 7 games, but he threw for 19 TDs and ran for two more. An average of 3 TDs a game which is ridiculous for anyone, let alone a rookie. Also, realize the Chiefs have collapsed, but Kareem Hunt is still 3rd in the NFL in rushing.

Plus Reese, which is just as important. Spagnuolo to be interim coach and Abrams as interim GM until they regain the Gettlemagic.

This all seems like a long con by the Maras. They knew they had to phase away from Eli, which would be a tough sell given the streak and the fans' love for him. They also knew they had to fire McAdoo and Reese. So they tell McAddo and Reese to break up with Eli, then blame them for handling it poorly and fire them both. So now they are free of Eli, Reese, and McAdoo all in one week's time, without getting any of the blame. If that was the endgame, solid play.

ETA: Plus, there is no backlash against Webb for replacing Eli, as they let Geno Smith take the fall for that. I assume it will be Webb from here on out so they can make a QB evaluation before the draft.

So much for all of this. Eli back in as starter

Yeah 2&2 threw out the trump defense of maybe they are causing all this chaos on purpose where in reality they currently are just a dysfunctional shitty organization.

As of right now Kamara is clearly rookie of the year.

CMC is fine but he wasn’t worth the 8th pick from what we’ve seen so far - which is limited sample size over the course of a career. And you can call it hindsight if you want but plenty of people didn’t want the Panthers taking CMC during the draft citing that he’s not a franchise RB. Which is the same criticism plenty are still levying now

holy shit I didn't realize it was Marvin Lewis' 15th year at Cincy. I figured he was in year 11 or so. Somehow dude has managed to never win a playoff game in 15 years. I know the Bengals were a train wreck when he took over, but come on. Wow.

Gruden is such a little bitch about the refs. Dude needs to take his coach hat off

Lots of bad blood and unsportsmanlike conduct in this Bengals/Steelers game....halfway expecting for someone to pull a knife on somebody here shortly if the refs don't get this under control. Smith-Schuster should have been tossed for that taunting stunt after laying out Burfict (you must be really acting like an asshole if you make someone feel bad about Burfict in a situation).

My biggest surprise is it took 23 months for the ish from the playoff game to blow up again

Hey AJ, if you don't catch it, you're still going to get hit.

I only saw the second half of this game. The refs let this get way out of control. There should have been multiple ejections.

What was illegal about the smith-schuster block on Burfict? I think they called a peel back block but it was above the waist. I get the taunting call, but didn’t understand what rule was broken with the block itself. Maybe launching?

What was illegal about the smith-schuster block on Burfict? I think they called a peel back block but it was above the waist. I get the taunting call, but didn’t understand what rule was broken with the block itself. Maybe launching?

Close to a helmet to helmet, but on the borderline. Tough to get upset about it since it was Burfict

holy shit I didn't realize it was Marvin Lewis' 15th year at Cincy. I figured he was in year 11 or so. Somehow dude has managed to never win a playoff game in 15 years. I know the Bengals were a train wreck when he took over, but come on. Wow.

Yeah, he's been there a long time. Was the Ravens DC on their Super Bowl team and got the Cincy job from there. I'd argue he's done a good job keeping them relevant for most of the last decade after taking over a Millenesque level train wreck and working for the cheapest owner who won't pay to have a traditional scouting dept. But it hurt when Zimmer and Jackson left. Jackson had Dalton playing pretty well his last couple of years in Cincy, but Dalton has been a liability since Jackson left.

Gronk should have gotten 3-4 games. Bullshit.

ETA: He should be suspended for the number of games White has to sit for the protocol plus one game.

Back