• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

What was illegal about the smith-schuster block on Burfict? I think they called a peel back block but it was above the waist. I get the taunting call, but didn’t understand what rule was broken with the block itself. Maybe launching?

An offensive player cannot initiate contact on the side and below the waist against an opponent if:

the blocker is moving toward his own end line; and
he approaches the opponent from behind or from the side.

Maybe it was the side, maybe front. It was close to being legal. I think standing over him solidified both penalties.

20p96og.jpg

Last edited:
I missed the "and" below the waist. I thought it was "or" below the waist.

I guess clean hit, if you aren't calling helmet to helmet.

It’s like the 1995 Browns with Bill Belichick, Ozzie Newsome, Mike Lombardi, Thomas Dimitroff, Scott Pioli, Mike Tannenbaum, Jim Schwartz, Eric Mangini, Nick Saban, and Kirk Ferentz,

As of right now Kamara is clearly rookie of the year.

CMC is fine but he wasn’t worth the 8th pick from what we’ve seen so far - which is limited sample size over the course of a career. And you can call it hindsight if you want but plenty of people didn’t want the Panthers taking CMC during the draft citing that he’s not a franchise RB. Which is the same criticism plenty are still levying now

So who should they have realistically taken at #8 who would be better than CMC has been? And no, the answer is not Kamara who everyone passed on repeatedly until the 3rd round.

Gronk should have gotten 3-4 games. Bullshit.

ETA: He should be suspended for the number of games White has to sit for the protocol plus one game.

NE @ Pit the following week. The league doesn't want him missing the AFC game of the year.

Yeah, he's been there a long time. Was the Ravens DC on their Super Bowl team and got the Cincy job from there. I'd argue he's done a good job keeping them relevant for most of the last decade after taking over a Millenesque level train wreck and working for the cheapest owner who won't pay to have a traditional scouting dept. But it hurt when Zimmer and Jackson left. Jackson had Dalton playing pretty well his last couple of years in Cincy, but Dalton has been a liability since Jackson left.

I was really hoping Marvin would get kicked upstairs to a GM position allowing Zimmer to take over and Mike Brown to get out of the way.

I still can't figure out why Hue Jackson didn't hold out for a better job than the Cleveland Clowns.

So who should they have realistically taken at #8 who would be better than CMC has been? And no, the answer is not Kamara who everyone passed on repeatedly until the 3rd round.

Should have drafted Lattimore in the 1st and Dalvin Cook in the second. No brainer to me.

Should have drafted Lattimore in the 1st and Dalvin Cook in the second. No brainer to me.

I remember some people saying that at the time.

We drafted three CBs last year.

CMC isn’t a bust. Is he going to be an all-pro? Extremely unlikely but it wasn’t a wasted pick. I have a much harder time rationalizing picking Butler in the first round two years ago.

I was really hoping Marvin would get kicked upstairs to a GM position allowing Zimmer to take over and Mike Brown to get out of the way.

I still can't figure out why Hue Jackson didn't hold out for a better job than the Cleveland Clowns.

Yeah, essentially Marvin has been his own GM and has drafted pretty well for all positions but QB. As for Hue, I like him and think he'll land on his feet elsewhere next year. I mean, the Browns have to fire Sashi and Hue, right?

CMC isn’t a bust. Is he going to be an all-pro? Extremely unlikely but it wasn’t a wasted pick. I have a much harder time rationalizing picking Butler in the first round two years ago.

Considering how many CBS are on the field at one time that’s still a good pick. Agree about Butler although he has looked better this season.

We drafted one CB this year.

Fox flexes Seahawks-Jags to 4:25 so no one will watch, and everyone gets to watch mediocrity's darlings Dem Boys: http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=14

All about the ratings, and even a dreadful Cowboys team vs. a dysfunctional Giants team brings them....hey, at least they didn't leave it as a standalone 4:25pm game, which is what we are usually treated to for "America's (NFC East) Game of the Week!".

Is this the first time the Panthers get the Romo experience this year?

You don't think the nation wants to see ELIte come out of the McAdoo shitshow to piss all over the Cowboys one more time? Must see TV.

Back