• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

So that's two MVP candidates who are out for the season in Watson and Wentz. Going to suck if Brady gets it through attrition.

Antonio Brown deserves it, but they won't give it to a wide receiver.

This. The NFL MVP has never gone to a WR. Only QB and RB and Mark Moseley won as a kicker in '82, the strike shortened season.

Antonio Brown certainly has a case. He has 99 rec, 1509 yards, 9 TDs.

Jerry Rice's best season was 1995 with 122 rec, 1848 yards, 15 TDs. Brown is certainly close to that. But I think Brown has to get over 2000 yards to have a good shot.

Russell Wilson will get serious votes if Seattle makes the playoffs. Dude is 95% of their offense.

Going to suck if Brady gets it through attrition.

More reason to give it to him. Guess the youngsters should do weird pilates and drink goat urine or whatever other weird bullshit holistic things the 40 year old that is still playing does.

More reason to give it to him. Guess the youngsters should do weird pilates and drink goat urine or whatever other weird bullshit holistic things the 40 year old that is still playing does.

Honestly, that's a good point.

Could be because he plants his ass in the pocket though.

So that's two MVP candidates who are out for the season in Watson and Wentz. Going to suck if Brady gets it through attrition.

Just give it to him - don't need any other motivation in the Super Bowl (plus the MVP's record in the SB hasn't been stellar of late)

Honestly, that's a good point.

Could be because he plants his ass in the pocket though.

Wentz was super fun to watch, but you knew those hits were going to take a toll. You can't play QB in the NFL and play with reckless abandon for your body.

I mean the best example of that is Cam. He is built like a tank and no quarterback comes close to his size but even he succumbs to injury from being hit game after game. If Cam eventually gets injured then you sure as hell bet everyone else at the position would too.

I mean the best example of that is Cam. He is built like a tank and no quarterback comes close to his size but even he succumbs to injury from being hit game after game. If Cam eventually gets injured then you sure as hell bet everyone else at the position would too.

Cam has been fairly healthy sans defenders teeing off on his head (Wentz is white, he'd get those calls) and flipping his Truck in uptown Charlotte.

Cam has been fairly healthy sans defenders teeing off on his head (Wentz is white, he'd get those calls) and flipping his Truck in uptown Charlotte.

Yeah. His injuries have been head and shoulder. I don't remember the specific cause of the shoulder injury. Was it just a typical QB injury?

I can't account for physique, but Cam and Wentz are pretty close to the same size, in that 6-5/240 range.

Watson is a bit smaller. Wilson has managed to stay healthy. I guess he does run smarter and with less abandon though.

Anecdotal but it seems Russell does run and get down or head to the sideline more often than not.

Or throw the ball away miles into the stands. Footballs are still being recovered at BB&T from his 2009 start

Cam did have that ankle problem a few years ago with the tackle in the preseason game against the Pats that bothered him all year

Back