• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

The real question is whether we get to see both KHunt win the OROY and TWatt win the DROY in the same season. Everyone says the NFL is turning into a bunch of pussies, but this would take it to the next level.

Yeah. His injuries have been head and shoulder. I don't remember the specific cause of the shoulder injury. Was it just a typical QB injury?

I can't account for physique, but Cam and Wentz are pretty close to the same size, in that 6-5/240 range.

Watson is a bit smaller. Wilson has managed to stay healthy. I guess he does run smarter and with less abandon though.

You don't see Wilson take many hits, and very few big hits. He runs effectively but doesn't go for the extra couple of yards like Wentz and Cam do. And yeah, I think Wilson deserves it if the Seahawks get to the playoffs. And as Can't said, he's practically 95% of their offense and has only recently begun to get some better blocking. As for Brown, he is phenomenal - the best WR in the league and at his size. But as you noted, it traditionally hasn't been an award available to non-QBs/RBs, and his public image has taken some hits over the last year. But if the Seahawks don't make the playoffs, and if the Steelers beat the Pats next week with Brown having a big night (like say if Matt Patricia decides not to double him like Dean Pees didn't last nightFacepalm), then Brown might become the favorite.

I think Brown gets it with 2000 yards. Otherwise he doesn't. Megatron didn't even get a vote for setting the all-time season yardage record in 2012 (122 rec, 1964 yards). AP got it for rushing over 2000 yards. Peyton was second.

I didn't realize how good Brown's career numbers are. He has a very legit chance of finishing 2nd all-time in receiving yards when it's all said and done. Hope he stays healthy.

Depends on how long Larry Fitzgerald plays. He'll take over 2nd place next year. He'll be 35 to start next season. He should get 1000 yards this year. Brown is a bit ahead of Fitzgerald's pace.

Brady currently -400 to win MVP. Brown at +2000 - so if you think he has a shot, you should jump on that.

MVP

slack_imgs.gif

Brady's a sure thing for MVP, eh?

That was a filthy pick.

Team always looks like shit when they lose Gronk and haven’t adjusted. Also think Brady’s Achilles injury is a tad more bothersome than anyone is saying.

Agreed. The Achilles injury is a thing. And we can go without one of Gronk or Edelman. Not both.

And Cameron Fleming is one of the worst linemen I've ever seen.

Injuries and suspensions are logical explanations, but the Patriots continual Miami struggles are so weird

Every year in Miami, it’s like they party all night the night before. It really is baffling.

Team always looks like shit when they lose Gronk and haven’t adjusted. Also think Brady’s Achilles injury is a tad more bothersome than anyone is saying.

Good thing the NFL made sure Gronk will play against Pittsburgh next week.

Brady's 7-9 in Miami. That is pretty weird

I'd guess that most of those losses were in the 1st halves of seasons. Folks always talk about West Coast teams having difficulty going east to play, but I don't think that would be as hard as playing a September game in Miami if you're a northern team like NE or Min.

And yeah, achilles strains are dangerous. My Ravens best CB, Jimmy Smith, ruptured his achilles that had been strained all season last week against the Lions - we could have used him against Brown. But at least Brady doesn't do much running like a CB or WR does, so he's probably in less danger of rupturing his.

Back