• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

But the Panthers beat them and these are Panthers favs talking.

But the Panthers beat them and these are Panthers favs talking.

You can make a good case for any of the top 5 in the NFC. Definitely the stronger conference this year. A ton of mediocrity in the AFC.

Yet AFC is favored to win the Super Bowl, top two teams and then the mediocre of mediocre

Yet AFC is favored to win the Super Bowl, top two teams and then the mediocre of mediocre

I'm not even that impressed with Pit and NE. NE is good and doesn't beat itself, and that's been good enough since getting waxed by KC at home. Pit's D has improved, though it's not dominant, and their offense should be even better than it regularly produces with the talent they have. I think they have locker room issues with Brown, Bryant, Bell and Roethlisberger. Heck, I'd favor the Jags with their D if Bortles isn't turning the ball over, but we all think he's going to have at least 2 TOs at NE or Pit. My Ravens suck and haven't beaten a good team all year. KC started well but faded and is only starting to play better the last couple of weeks. Buf is mediocre at best, and Ten is fading. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Chargers win a game or 2 on the road in the playoffs, especially considering they're used to playing 16 away games.

You guys realize the Vikings beat both the Saints and Rams this year, right?

I mean they beat the saints in the first game. The saints have several rookies playing extremely well, I don't think the vikings beating them in their first professional game is all that relevant in January.

I'm not even that impressed with Pit and NE. NE is good and doesn't beat itself, and that's been good enough since getting waxed by KC at home. Pit's D has improved, though it's not dominant, and their offense should be even better than it regularly produces with the talent they have. I think they have locker room issues with Brown, Bryant, Bell and Roethlisberger. Heck, I'd favor the Jags with their D if Bortles isn't turning the ball over, but we all think he's going to have at least 2 TOs at NE or Pit. My Ravens suck and haven't beaten a good team all year. KC started well but faded and is only starting to play better the last couple of weeks. Buf is mediocre at best, and Ten is fading. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Chargers win a game or 2 on the road in the playoffs, especially considering they're used to playing 16 away games.

NE will coast to the SB - again - especially if Antonio Brown is toast. No one has proven they can stop Gronkowski when they need to, and Brady exploits that to open the underneath passing game and their mediocre running options.

So the AFC is favored because people think the Pats are the best team?

Superbowl winner is usually the team that is very good and very healthy. Right now the Pats look like they fit those criteria.

They’ve played a lot of injured or just plain bad teams.

So Gruden's getting ownership of the Raiders to be the next coach? I'm not sure how MNF replaces the loss of the Gruden Grinder.

Talk about wardrobe malfunctions, did anybody catch the chick falling out of her top on Fox when the Vikings were coming onto the field? She had to grab herself to keep her tatas in.

This is the worst Week 17 slate I can recall. Hardly anything up for grabs, and most relevant matchups will be beatdowns anyway.

Panthers-Falcons might be the only interesting game.

This is the worst Week 17 slate I can recall. Hardly anything up for grabs, and most relevant matchups will be beatdowns anyway.

Panthers-Falcons might be the only interesting game.

Ehh I'm mildly intrigued. There could be some AFC wildcard drama in the late games with Bills/Miami, Cincy/ravens, raiders/chargers, jags/titans. And we get some meaningful NFC south match ups like you mentioned. And we get to see the Jimmy G train. And let's not count out the Browns just yet!

Flipped on the Minn-Chicago game. 3 flags in 6 plays to start the 2nd half. Is there any college football on?

Back