• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

Crying about making the playoffs is the equivalent to hanging a banner for division championships, I.E colts.

While I'm still livid at Harbs, Pees and Morninweg, I'm happy for Bills fans. They deserve a break. Not that the Bills or Ravens will do or would have done much anyway. The only AFC wild card contender that I thought was dangerous enough to win a couple of games was the Chargers.

What lines do we like for the week? KC is -8, LA is -6, Jax is -7.5 and NO is -6.5. The game that jumps out at me is LA -6. Atl is talented but isn't the same with Sarkesian as OC - LA should roll.

Everyone is all over that Rams line because it is the only one that looks attractive at first glance. Give me the Falcons.

Atl is probably the most likely underdog to straight up win this weekend imo

That’s a lot of points for an inexperienced team to get over the reigning NFC champs.

Also, I don't think that KC line could get big enough for me to want to take Tennessee. The Titans are a mediocre to bad football team... Don't care that KC has been mostly meh after the hot start this year.

Bills/Jaguars is a pass for me. There is no way I could ever wager on Blake Bortles in a playoff game.

Probably won't bet on it, but I think New Orleans stomps Carolina. Cam Newton sucks at throwing the football again, and that isn't going to get better in a week. If he's bad, Carolina is bad.

Marvin Lewis staying on as Bengals head coach after it was reported he was moving on at the end of the season.

His first QB in Cincinnati, Carson Palmer is retiring.

Marvin Lewis staying on as Bengals head coach after it was reported he was moving on at the end of the season.

His first QB in Cincinnati, Carson Palmer is retiring.

First, Arians, now this. Wonder if Fitz will hang it up too. Brutal week in AZ.

First, Arians, now this. Wonder if Fitz will hang it up too. Brutal week in AZ.

I could see Fitz playing several more years like Jerry Rice. If I’m a GM who needs a WR, I’d float a pick at the Cardinals.

I could see Fitz playing several more years like Jerry Rice. If I’m a GM who needs a WR, I’d float a pick at the Cardinals.

like..........

MARTY_HURNEY_05

Do people still want Palmer?

It's a mix, more do than don't - he's still much better than Stanton and Gabbert. He's been great here - more TD's, less picks, more yards, and more wins than HOF Kurt Warner as a Cardinal. This franchise hasn't exactly produced any great QB's since moving out here in the late 80's. The ones that don't like Palmer have an entitlement mentality and think everyone wants to play here so we should just get them, whether it be Rodgers, Prescott. They should we should have drafted qb's that were not on the board by the time we got to pick. Not sure what they believe we are entitled to as I think the Cards have made the playoffs like 5 or 6 times in the 30 years here and 2 of those seasons were led by Palmer (one he blew out ACL though; we were 7-1 and limped into playoffs after that).

Lots of rumors last year that he was thinking about retiring, but he came back this year. Does he have more great years, yes, absolutely. The real question is does he still really want to play. He has made comments about being done when Carson is done - doesn't want to deal with qb growing pains again. When asked abut his future - his reply was he is going to play golf and then more golf and then more golf. He is not putting a timetable on his decision. He may wait to see who the new coach and QB will be.

like..........

MARTY_HURNEY_05

Yeah. Although it would be weird to use the Bills pick and essentially trade a 26 year old WR for a 34 year old WR.

Back