• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread -Tom Brady beats the NFL

Tame.

@CoachScheier: That commentary though. There is a new regime at Wake. @WakeFB WILL develop its players as well as any school in the country. #theaWAKEning

So Devin Smith is in the auditorium tonight. Maybe they'll let him spend the night.

Ryan Grigson is a weird mofo. He's probably gonna cost Luck at least one ring

CD5Al6JWIAALV2_.png

man clemson kinda sucks for having so much recent nfl talent

Carolina unfortunately had the real WTF moment of the 1st round. They might have gotten Thompson in the late 2nd. Disappointed to see Dupree fall to the Steelers. And then Denver traded up to nab Ray before my Ravens could take him. I'm fine with Perriman. Also surprised Cleveland made 2 solid infrastructure picks.

Carolina unfortunately had the real WTF moment of the 1st round. They might have gotten Thompson in the late 2nd. Disappointed to see Dupree fall to the Steelers. And then Denver traded up to nab Ray before my Ravens could take him. I'm fine with Perriman. Also surprised Cleveland made 2 solid infrastructure picks.

You don't know that. NFL GMs aren't just sitting around with a copy of Mel Kiper's draft board. If they evaluate a guy and think he is a 1st rounder then that is what they go off of. There might be some communication with other teams on a guy, but the opinions of the media and draft geeks don't come into play. And we will never know if other teams had him similarly ranked and would have snatched him up if the Panthers passed on him. Usually it is impossible to really tell what was a "reach" unless its particularly egregious. Guys get drafted sooner or later than Mel Kiper and company think they should all the time.

The Colts taking a guy who may be their #4 WR when they have huge needs elsewhere has to be the ultimate WTF moment.

I understand Hilton's contract is up after this year but its hard for me to believe they'd let him walk. Reminds me of Denver taking Cody Latimer last year who barely saw the field, and now free agent Demariyus Thomas has reupped with the Broncs. But at least that was the second round

I'm glad to be able to root for a Deacon on the Texans. He's the third Deac in Texans history, following Abbate and Clabo.

I follow a bunch of Houston bloggers and insiders on twitter so I'll post info about KJ during the offseason.

He's a great fit for Houston. He'll be the third corner behind Joseph and Jackson and will take over next year when Joseph leaves. Jackson is a great tackler and run defender, so KJ can play downfield to his strengths.

You don't know that. NFL GMs aren't just sitting around with a copy of Mel Kiper's draft board. If they evaluate a guy and think he is a 1st rounder then that is what they go off of. There might be some communication with other teams on a guy, but the opinions of the media and draft geeks don't come into play. And we will never know if other teams had him similarly ranked and would have snatched him up if the Panthers passed on him. Usually it is impossible to really tell what was a "reach" unless its particularly egregious. Guys get drafted sooner or later than Mel Kiper and company think they should all the time.

Of course we don't know that he would have been available in the late 2nd because some team may have taken him. But in the 3-4 boards I looked at, no one had him as a 1st rounder. So yeah, I think the Panthers, Chargers and Giants all reached some on day 1. And I'm thankful they didn't take Perriman, who could have formed a terrific tandem with Benjamin, because he was the last guy left who I wanted at 26.

Raiers should have picked L Williams at 4 and gotten a WR in the 2nd round.

I was thinking the same thing at the time. But Cooper doesn't suck at all, they have what they hope is their QB of the future, and their WRs aren't that great. So it's not like it's a bad pick like a DHB.

not saying he stinks either but Williams is considered the best player in the draft and the "safest" pick. would have been something to see him paired with K Mack plus he grew up a Raiers fan.

Raiers have whiffed too much in the past. guess see wat Reggie does today and tomorrow.

Back