• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread -Tom Brady beats the NFL

Of course we don't know that he would have been available in the late 2nd because some team may have taken him. But in the 3-4 boards I looked at, no one had him as a 1st rounder. So yeah, I think the Panthers, Chargers and Giants all reached some on day 1. And I'm thankful they didn't take Perriman, who could have formed a terrific tandem with Benjamin, because he was the last guy left who I wanted at 26.

My entire point is professional draft projecting has become a career and hobby for a lot of people, but its largely this incestuous joke of a process where everyone just regurgitates what everyone else is saying and nobody actually knows what NFL GMs are actually thinking because of misinformation anyway. So if a team drafts a guy projected to go in round 5 in round 1, then that is a big deal. But if we are talking a team drafting a player 14 that was projected to go 28 or in the first round who was projected to go mid-2nd, then I'm not willing to call that a reach unless you are putting an asterisk next to you definition of reach to merely mean that it was a surprise given projections of various amateurs and talking heads at ESPN, because the consensus very well could have been different among NFL GMs compared to Mel Kiper and Tod McShay's bigboard.

Enough with the Raiers shit. Are you guys in middle school?

The comments from the guy on ESPN last night shouldn't even be allowed in my opinion. If you want to comment on the player fine, if you want to say maybe he (the player) didn't spend as much time in the weight room in college as they should've fine, but to make a comment about a program as a whole, that it doesn't physically develop it's players, that's a bullshit comment. Comments like that can effect recruiting. A kid with us on their list could see that and it could effect their decision and comments from some NFL dude on ESPN that probably can't find where WFU is located on a map shouldn't even be made. KJ developed just fine while at Wake, he came as a really skinny kid that was going to have a hard time gaining weight and putting on substantial muscle, that's probably a lot of the reason we got him.

Things did get slack around here for a few years at the end of Grobe's tenure, but we've had lots of guys put up really good strength numbers, so that doink's comments on ESPN weren't accurate anyway.

The comments from the guy on ESPN last night shouldn't even be allowed in my opinion. If you want to comment on the player fine, if you want to say maybe he (the player) didn't spend as much time in the weight room in college as they should've fine, but to make a comment about a program as a whole, that it doesn't physically develop it's players, that's a bullshit comment. Comments like that can effect recruiting. A kid with us on their list could see that and it could effect their decision and comments from some NFL dude on ESPN that probably can't find where WFU is located on a map shouldn't even be made. KJ developed just fine while at Wake, he came as a really skinny kid that was going to have a hard time gaining weight and putting on substantial muscle, that's probably a lot of the reason we got him.

Things did get slack around here for a few years at the end of Grobe's tenure, but we've had lots of guys put up really good strength numbers, so that doink's comments on ESPN weren't accurate anyway.

Should they not be allowed to post our won-loss record, either? Because I think that hurts our recruiting more than their comments.

He should have said that KJ is coming from a program with a bunch of players who aren't good enough to win games whether they go to the weight room or not.

My entire point is professional draft projecting has become a career and hobby for a lot of people, but its largely this incestuous joke of a process where everyone just regurgitates what everyone else is saying and nobody actually knows what NFL GMs are actually thinking because of misinformation anyway. So if a team drafts a guy projected to go in round 5 in round 1, then that is a big deal. But if we are talking a team drafting a player 14 that was projected to go 28 or in the first round who was projected to go mid-2nd, then I'm not willing to call that a reach unless you are putting an asterisk next to you definition of reach to merely mean that it was a surprise given projections of various amateurs and talking heads at ESPN, because the consensus very well could have been different among NFL GMs compared to Mel Kiper and Tod McShay's bigboard.

Yeah. A team takes a player they really like a #14 who was projected to go #28 because their next pick is at #46 and they know a few other teams may like him, too.

Haha, now Wingo said that the Pac 12 had the most first round selections and neglected to mention the ACC.

Lol, Panthers' draft, what a disaster. Wooooof.

Jaquiski Tartt. Coming soon to a Key & Peele episode near you

CD9cPqfWAAAiBX2.jpg:small

Randy Gregory wanted to go somewhere used to having idiots who need babysitters.

Devin Funchess was a good pick up for the Panthers. If he can overcome his character issues, he should be a big and effective target for Cam.

KJ will wear #30 in Houston. Looks like my Andre jersey will be getting a makeover soon.

I'll post a pic of my new battle red KJ jersey later.

Back