• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL ratings decline

The freaking pro bowl got more viewers than all but six college football games. I think they're are doing just fine.

on a related note: If the Panthers demand (say) $500 million from the city/county to pay for a new stadium, what's the harm in telling them to pound sand?

We'd lose some local economic activity, but not a ton - it's 10-11 days of activity per year. I can keep watching them on television no matter where they move. And where exactly are they going to move? The only possibilities I can think of are London, Mexico City, or another city that already told their local NFL team that they weren't building a stadium. Maybe OKC, Portland, or Salt Lake City? If they want to spend that much money to have the team come FINE.

Even the team name isn't Charlotte. The Carolinas lose a brand, but if you interviewed random NFL fans from Kansas City I bet half of them think the team is from Charleston anyway.

the pro bowl got more viewers than all but six college games? shenanigans

The freaking pro bowl got more viewers than all but six college football games. I think they're are doing just fine.

That is mindblowing. I can't express how far down the pro bowl is on my list of sporting events to watch.

Sure but it was the only major sporting event on TV on a weekend. Many of the bowl games aren’t on a weekend.

Sure but it was the only major sporting event on TV on a weekend. Many of the bowl games aren’t on a weekend.

Go ahead and laugh (in general, but also at the NHL), but the NHL All Star game was on at the exact same time as the Pro Bowl.

Go ahead and laugh (in general, but also at the NHL), but the NHL All Star game was on at the exact same time as the Pro Bowl.

Really? I just assumed the Pro Bowl was during the day so the NHL All-Star game could be at night.

Those cannibalize each other and plenty aren't national.

I know, but I was watching an NBA game at the time. I'm sure there were other nationally televised games on at the time, but more people were still watching the pro bowl.

Regardless of how you want to spin it, that's still a fuckton of people watching the *snicker* Pro Bowl.

Back