• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Week 13 Thread

Oh, man, that collision at the goal line was absolutely vicious.

both guys got up but look like they have no clue where they are.

Wait... his helmet flying off didn't impact where he landed. That should be a TD.

I get the rule to prevent a guy from continuing to run without a helmet and football in his hand, but that is a stupid, stupid interpretation of the rule.

I'm really glad Bell got up on his own. That was awful.

Last edited:
Wait... his helmet flying off didn't impact where he landed. That should be a TD.

I get the rule to prevent a guy from continuing to run without a helmet and football in his hand, but that is a stupid, stupid interpretation of the rule.

Completely agree. The play shouldn't be over when the helmet comes off. The play should be over when they blow the whistle because the helmet came off.

Ironic that a rule instituted to improve player safety led to a guy hurting his knee on the next play.

Miami has the Dolphins, the greatest football team.
We take the ball from goal to goal like no one’s ever seen.
We’re in the air; we’re on the ground; we’re always in control,
And when you say Miami, you’re talking Super Bowl

Cause we’re the Miami Dolphins, Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins, number one!
Yes, we’re the Miami Dolphins, Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins, number one!

Patriots have no been called for a penalty all game. That seems right.

Completely agree. The play shouldn't be over when the helmet comes off. The play should be over when they blow the whistle because the helmet came off.

Don't normally disagree with either of you but I think the rule is good and it was the right interpretation. Usually you play to the whistle, but the idea is that as soon as you see the helmet come off you stop immediately. You want the defender to let up immediately after seeing the helmet off, not waiting for the whistle. Also there are plenty of times that the helmet comes off in midair, and if there had been another defender in the area (like a trailing linebacker), he would have been compelled to hit him in the air. If you don't want anyone to hit him, then you can't give him the fall forward.

I have a rules question:

The Jags have 12 seconds left and the WR for the Browns falls to the ground and the Jags DBs touch him down.

If they just stand there and look at him, the clock would keep running wouldn't it?

There is a "give yourself up" rule if a guy just slides to ground.

Back