• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Week 7 Thread

DeacHawk

Punishingly Intricate
Reaction score
Didn't see one from the Thursday night game.

Gronk back for New England, of course when they play the Jets again

My Washington football team is at home against the Bears. If they lose today, they'll almost certainly fall to 1-6 after visiting the Broncos next week, so the pressure is on.

The Dallas-Philadelphia winner will be above .500 and have the division lead.

Thank GOD the Patriots game is on in the Triad.

Great opening defensive possession by the Cowboys! Two sacks (well, one was intentional grounding)

Not sustainable, I don't think, but I like the early pressure.

So, this is going to be a long game. Geno Smith tore our D up on that drive.

Oh Gronk, I missed you so much.

I hate how your fantasy defense gets docked points for safeties. Like I have the Panthers D and just lost some points.

LOLOL, a little "Hold ma dick" from Logan Ryan at the end. I can dig it.

RG3 is no where near the pocket passer he was last season. His accuracy is shit, and his decision making is suspect. He's thrown several wounded ducks over the past few games.

Of course, he actually looks healthy and can run well again. Shanahan needs to radio in more zone-read and dink & dunk plays.

I do think the Pats can overcome the losses of Wilfork and Mayo. Joe Vellano and Chris Jones have stepped up in recent weeks, and while they're certainly not Wilfork, they're not going to break our defense (and Jones has small-sample-size-proven to be a better pass rusher than either Wilfork or Tommy Kelly). Losing Mayo sucks, but having Spikes and Hightower should be able to mask a lot there, and I'm pretty confident in Jamie Collins getting caught up to speed by the end of the year. Again, Collins isn't Mayo, but a Spikes/Hightower/Collins unit should be just fine.

The problem for me is Talib. He's the one irreplaceable player we have on D, Wilfork and Mayo included. He has taken away opposing weapons in nearly every game this year, and we're not particularly deep at CB. Plus, unlike with Vellano, Jones, and Collins, the depth at CB is mostly a known quantity-- it sucks. Arrington has been so hit or miss, and while I like Dennard a lot, he's not a lockdown guy yet. Hopefully Logan Ryan can continue to step up. He's looked pretty good in flashes this year. Again, though, none of these guys will be the every-down premier CB that Talib has been.

Thank God for Chandler Jones, by the way. Ninko hasn't done dick for most of the season.

Back