• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Week 7 Thread

I do think the Pats can overcome the losses of Wilfork and Mayo. Joe Vellano and Chris Jones have stepped up in recent weeks, and while they're certainly not Wilfork, they're not going to break our defense (and Jones has small-sample-size-proven to be a better pass rusher than either Wilfork or Tommy Kelly). Losing Mayo sucks, but having Spikes and Hightower should be able to mask a lot there, and I'm pretty confident in Jamie Collins getting caught up to speed by the end of the year. Again, Collins isn't Mayo, but a Spikes/Hightower/Collins unit should be just fine.

The problem for me is Talib. He's the one irreplaceable player we have on D, Wilfork and Mayo included. He has taken away opposing weapons in nearly every game this year, and we're not particularly deep at CB. Plus, unlike with Vellano, Jones, and Collins, the depth at CB is mostly a known quantity-- it sucks. Arrington has been so hit or miss, and while I like Dennard a lot, he's not a lockdown guy yet. Hopefully Logan Ryan can continue to step up. He's looked pretty good in flashes this year. Again, though, none of these guys will be the every-down premier CB that Talib has been.
Agree with all of this. Hightower/Spikes/Collins is fine. Tommy Kelly returning eventually will help the DL. But we cannot lose Aqib. He changes our pass defense completely.

Arrington is shit again. He was pretty terribad in the first half vs NO, too, before playing a great second half.

And now Dierdorf is sucking Geno's cock. Fuck this clown.

Was that the Hunger Games whistle? That's a weird sound effect for a stadium PA.

Will someone cover Kerley? FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.

Will someone cover Kerley? FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.

That trickle down effect, man. Arrington as the nickel back is fucking annoying, though. He's always reminded me of Wilhite.

Last edited:
Stupid playcall on 3rd and 3. C'mon.

That's the third offsides/neutral zone infraction for the Jets today. In the second quarter. At home.

Go for it, Bill. C'mon.

What a play by Sean Lee to bring down Shady McCoy in the backfield after tracking him down from behind. Fantastic.

haha Panthers player throwing Chris Long out of the game was awesome

Back