• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Week 9 Thread

I'm fine with some rookie hazing (carrying pads, singing fight songs, etc.) but I cringe every time I see stories about rookies being stuck with these huge tabs. It's no wonder these guys go broke at alarming rates, despite making obscene money compared to their peers.

I don't know. It's one year of being stuck with tabs and these guys aren't poor and it isn't one rookie for an entire 53 man roster.

There are definitely lines though and they appear to have been crossed. At some point though you need to stick up for yourself. I guarantee you that if Martin had popped Incognito in the face one time this shit would have ended and any repercussions would have been ignored after hearing about this treatment.

It's not just the dollar amount of the tabs they are stuck with, more the mentality that money is just free flowing and presumably always will.

I don't know. It's one year of being stuck with tabs and these guys aren't poor and it isn't one rookie for an entire 53 man roster.

There are definitely lines though and they appear to have been crossed. At some point though you need to stick up for yourself. I guarantee you that if Martin had popped Incognito in the face one time this shit would have ended and any repercussions would have been ignored after hearing about this treatment.

I pretty much agree with this. I'll add that the rookie tabs make far less sense under the new CBA.

Definitely think if Martin had gotten into a training camp fight, it would have addressed some issues.

I mean, these tabs reportedly go as high as 10-15k sometimes. Rookie minimum is, what, $410k a year? If a kid is making roughly $280k after tax, those hazing bills are not insubstantial. Moreover, they're probably a little unpredictable - I doubt financial planners for rookies are thinking about the unknown costs associated with hazing.

Last edited:
If martin had tried to fight Incognito, he would have likely gotten an ass whooping.

Good post. I'm sure Martin considered popping him but it sounds like Incognito was more well liked on the team and Incognito also (somehow) had the leadership position. It's a lot easier to pop the annoying untalented guy no one likes. Tough spot for Martin to pop him so he played the voicemail off as a big joke and allowed everything to fester. Sad situation.

Anyone else waiting for the news to leak that Incognito and Martin were gay buddies?

Ooh... Tyson Clabo on video supporting Incognito.

"I'm not taking sides but I went to school with Incognito and Martin is a pussy"

That's basically what that article said.

We all asked the same question: Why won’t he be open with us? What’s with the wall being put up?

I’m now picturing a bunch of offensive linemen huddled up asking each other why a teammate won’t let down his walls and open up to them.

Back