• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Week 9 Thread

Matt Flynn was cut by the Bills today. I wonder if the Packers bring him back.

Would seem like the logical choice. Packers don't have a 3rd string QB and Rodgers will likely be out at least 3 weeks given that they team announced it was a collarbone injury. He knows the system and the organization so as long as he clears waivers(no one is gonna claim him) pretty good chance he is in GB.

"A mess in Miami. A mess in Tampa. And we will see them both next Monday night."

That was just the promo for next week's MNF by Mike Tirico. hahahahahahahaha

"If you thought Giants vs. Vikings was bad..."

So check out this article from the Milwaukee Sentinel.

It's a simple yet pervasive line of thinking in the event that quarterback Aaron Rodgers should suffer an injury sidelining him for most if not all of the season.

Yet, no organization would be better equipped to handle it than Green Bay.

Fools will cry that I'm jinxing Rodgers and the Packers by writing about this.

Having spent much of the week researching the long career of No. 2 quarterback Seneca Wallace and the brief career of practice-squad quarterback Scott Tolzien, the guess here is that even if the Packers were to lose Rodgers early Monday night against the Chicago Bears they'd find ways to finish 11-5.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/team-could-win-without-rodgers-b99132791z1-230373561.html

Oooooohhhhh, the JINX. Go Bears!

That said, I like Rodgers (despite the fact he's a Packer). Hope he recovers... in the off-season.

rodgers boyfriend will nurse him back to health in no time

So if they cut him, will the NFLPA file a grievance on his behalf?

It's an odd situation for the NFLPA because it's a player on player issue so if they took Incognito's side then they are essentially saying that hazing is ok and going against Martin who is the victim. I think they'd probably want to stay out of this one. It likely won't matter though because the Dolphins can suspend him for 4 games without pay for conduct detrimental then just deactivate him while paying the remainder of his salary for the final 4 weeks(he would get termination pay for the last 4 games if he was cut from the Dolphins so it wouldn't make a difference to them money wise). After that his contract is up and he is a free agent and likely out of the league.

Seems like nobody is in the right in this situation.

That doesn't sound like they told Incognito to bully and harass him. They just told a veteran to get a rookie in his unit ready to play.

I'm fine with some rookie hazing (carrying pads, singing fight songs, etc.) but I cringe every time I see stories about rookies being stuck with these huge tabs. It's no wonder these guys go broke at alarming rates, despite making obscene money compared to their peers.

Nnamdi Asomugha was waived today. Remember when he signed that fat contract with Philly? Nobody could decide who was better, him or Revis.

Seems like nobody is in the right in this situation.

That doesn't sound like they told Incognito to bully and harass him. They just told a veteran to get a rookie in his unit ready to play.

Well Colonel Jessup didn't mean for Dawson and Downey to kill Private Santiago but it happened.

Regardless of intent, it was done at the direction of the coaching staff and they will ultimately be held responsible for Incognito's actions even if he took it much farther than they intended him to.

Why would you release that psychopath onto someone? That is just crazy.

Back